Issues with 2019 Lexus ES 350 Stock Audio System

Discussion in 'Lexus Sedans' started by UESider, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Ian Schmidt
    Ian Schmidt Staff Member Moderator
    I think he meant the LS version of the ML system, which is quite nice. And ML's home components are quite pricey.

2. JCD
    JCD
    I am in my second week of owning my new Lexus ES350 Luxury. One of the few options I did not get was the ML audio system. Did not think I needed it based on my experience with my 2016 ES350 audio system. Was not ML but the sound was just fine so I did not even think to check it our on the new ES. The new one is horrible!!. I should have checked it out before I got the car. I have the same experienceothers are reporting with fading the sound to the rear. Once you pass the mid point on the fade control, the sound virtually disappears. Lexus should be ashamed to put this audio system on the market. Love the rest of the car. The non ML sound system does not belong in this price or quality of an automobile.

3. JCD
    JCD
    Has anyone found a solution??

4. jshap4321
    A previous poster mentioned that Lexus was working on a fix for this, but I called Lexus Corporate and they told me they have no knowledge of any problem. Super frustrating. Great audio should not be a difficult task. The ELS audio in my $36k Acura TL was INCREDIBLE and blows my Mark Levinson out of the water. If Lexus wants to compete with luxury automakers they better figure out this audio problem and ditch this whole Mark Levinson gimmick. We don’t need thumping bass; we need fullness and balance of sound. The quality of Mark Levinson is crystal clear but that’s meaningless when the sound is so incomplete and flimsy. And don’t get me started with the front/center bias. Disaster!

RJB1 and JPBFerrari like this.
  5. JPBFerrari
    Couldn't agree more! I feel like a fool for not testing the sound system thoroughly before purchasing an IS350. I could understand if it was the base model, but I have every possible option! (FSport 3). It's ridiculous..it sounds like an AM radio until you crank it up to about 25 or 30. There is no bass or lower tones.

RJB1 likes this.
  6. RJB1
    I called Lexus Corporate yesterday and I was told they did not know of any issue with the audio. I might call pioneer next week to see if they have any solutions.

7. JCD
    JCD
    Did Pioneer have any suggestions?

8. TLS
    TLS
    Picked up my 2019 es350 last Thursday and tried the radio on the way home. TERRIBLE SOUND! Shut the radio off because I didn't want to mess with it while driving. The next day I spent a lot of time trying to adjust for decent sound. Ran into same issues as everyone else on here. Fade to rear and front speakers go away and rear speakers are non existent till you max out the volume. Then rear door speakers are scratchy and tinny like they are only getting some crossover from the front. Rear deck sub is non existent. Took it back to the dealer Monday because I was sure some connector was disconnected. Service mgr agreed the sound, regardless of source, was terrible, but couldn't do anything. Everyone needs to keep the pressure on Lexus to come up with a fix.
    Love the car except for the audio issue. Wish I had my 2013 (6th gen 1st year) es back. Base audio was 10 times better than 7th gen.

9. spwolf
    nobody is going to fix this for you, it is how they designed the audio... either try trading/returning/something vehicle or go light aftermarket.

Not saying it does not suck, but it is what it is.

10. RJB1
    I have not got hold of them yet. I will try again this week and let you know what they say.