Issues with 2019 Lexus ES 350 Stock Audio System

mikeavelli

Reactions
Admittedly, we did not test the sound system before buying the car.

Lexus stock systems and most anyone have been pretty average at best for sometime now. That is why a lot of effort is made to upgrade to ML. I'm sorry but you cannot be upset at Lexus that you didn't test the sound system before buying the car. That takes all of 30 seconds to do.

Reactions
I’ve been driving my new 2019 ES 350 for a few weeks, and can’t figure out how to improve the audio, which seems only to come from the front of the cabin, above the dashboard. There doesn’t seem to be any rear speaker. The fader bar in the controls, if moved to the rear, almost completely mutes the audio.

I just turned in a 2016 ES 350 and it definitely had a better balanced audio performance.

Maybe there’s a wire not hooked up? Any other ideas?

Could this just be “the way it is”?
I just purchased my 5th Lexus. 4 GS models, I've had 10 Avalons, 1 Sequoia. I have a 2019 ES 350 F Sport with an audio system that is a piece of ****.
The bluetooth also operate the same, you can't hear the person you are calling, without turning the volume to the max, and if you don't turn it back down,
before going back to radio it will blow the speakers out. Lexus has really screwed us this time. My dealer in Mobile told me they had it fixed and it was quote" good to go" ,I got in my car and they had done nothing. Tell everyone you know about this problem, it's not going away. I'm calling every dealer I have dealt with and warn them of this issue.

RAL

Reactions
Also, the old rule to never buy the first model year of a major refresh *does* also apply to Lexus :)
So true Ian ... Every first model year refresh I have bought has had issues. This is another reason for me to wait on AWD as well.

Also, Welcome @wesley18 ... It is very unfortunate you have to deal with this problem. Sounds like the problem is widespread and hopefully there will be a solution from Lexus soon.

Reactions
I just checked with my local Lexus dealer about this issue, and they said that Lexus is aware of the sound problem and planning a software fix. No ETR, but they confirmed that both pioneer and ML sound system configuration are having the same issue. Meantime, I will just enjoy driving the car as is.

Reactions
It’s easy to say. not to buy the next generation, when I bought my first GS in 1993, an have bought 15 since without a problem, this 10 speaker, Bluetooth system in the ES is garbage, hopefully enough owners will complain until Lexus realizes they have a major problem, I’ll drive it for awhile, then go elsewhere

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Bluetooth call volume is based on the call volume setting on your phone. If it's way down on the phone you won't hear the caller without blasting the stereo. (Same applies to Bluetooth music/podcast streaming, except that volume's usually a different setting on modern phones).

Reactions
By the way , the ES 350 F Sport is a great car with a terrible audio system, I love the car, but can’t hear rear speakers or anyone I’m calling, repetitive I know but very disappointed in Lexus

Reactions
Meant to say went trough all the phone issues, go by a dealer and check it out for yo
Ian means we’ll but he needs to go to a dealer and try it out for himself , I have called Rick Hendrickt, Nally, Cool Springs, all of whom I have bought a Lexus from, to alert them of this problem, from a Marine Corp veteran, Happy Veterans Day

Reactions
I just checked with my local Lexus dealer about this issue, and they said that Lexus is aware of the sound problem and planning a software fix. No ETR, but they confirmed that both pioneer and ML sound system configuration are having the same issue. Meantime, I will just enjoy driving the car as is.
Good info, I agree great car otherwise!

Reactions
Also, the old rule to never buy the first model year of a major refresh *does* also apply to Lexus :)
Sorry, I strongly disagree. This is Lexus and they should be using the best of the best. A model refresh should not mean some features get worse?! I have the ML system and I'm not impressed.

Reactions
I've only had my IS350 (fully loaded) for 3 weeks and I keep saying this but I'm starting to regret coming over to Lexus from Infiniti. The Bose system with Infiniti has fantastic booming sound and has much more features and controls. As many people are saying the Lexus sound is not properly balanced and you can't tweak it enough. (lack of fine-tuning settings) And sorry... you can't test this in 30 seconds...even a test drive for 20 or 30 minutes isn't enough time to truly understand all the settings and features in the vehicle. I'm 3 weeks in and I'm still adjusting the settings.
I'm venting now but another thing that really upsets me is when I get into someones entry level vehicle like a Kia and I'm impressed with the sound system, or other standard features.

Reactions
Glad to see so many owners coming forward, sad day for Lexus, I’m old enough to remember the first year and it was quality at its best

Reactions
Exactly, I went with a lady friend to buy a Hyundai Sonata and the salesman said they have a much better and simpler system than Lexus, and after I rode in her car and the Bluetooth, was so good I was embarrassed, now I’m embarrassed for my ES 350 F Sport 2019. I was so embarrassed I never told her, now I will, haha jokes on Lexus

Reactions
Exactly, I went with a lady friend to buy a Hyundai Sonata and the salesman said they have a much better and simpler system than Lexus, and after I rode in her car and the Bluetooth, was so good I was embarrassed, now I’m embarrassed for my ES 350 F Sport 2019. I was so embarrassed I never told her, now I will, haha jokes on Lexus
Plus I was on the Lexus advisory board for years asking them to put more colors in the interior, being a Georgia fan my car has a beautiful red and black interior, enough from me, I’m out, good luck

Reactions
Nalley Lexus just called and they had no idea there was a Lexus enthusiast web site, I rest my case,

FearTheYu

Founding Member
Reactions
I have tested a 2019 ES350. The non M/L system when fading it to the back is doing exactly what it should be doing. The fader is designed to drastically reduce audio from the front driver/or passengers. Set the setting to the rear and sit down in the rear and you can hear the audio perfectly. The acoustic design of it is actually quite good with isolating sound to that particular location while trying to drastically minimize sound from other passengers. The Mark Levinson is even better in doing when you want to direct sound to a particular location in the car for maximum fidelity.

FearTheYu

Founding Member
Reactions
Webley18 - I'm a founding member, so I do know that is exists and I work at Nalley Lexus - How about you give me a call or PM and schedule a time with your 2019 ES350 F Sport and I'll see about working on your bluetooth concern. :)

Reactions: RAL