Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
That is the price of only 4 average Toyota's. It is cheap. There is no more Ferrari or Maserati Coupe for 200K.
I doubt this thing costs 200k. The 1000hp competitors are 350k and up. I believe the ZR1 might be the only one under 200k

Reactions
So what happens to Lexus Racing in the coming years? Does it continue with an RC-LC replacement for competition? I know zero about requirements for GT3, so I don't know if Lexus will have anything to offer or if that responsibility shifts to Toyota?
FIA regulations state that if you're going to be racing a GT3 car it will need to be homologated as a road car on that year.

There will need to be some units built on the year of it beginning racing, but if a lot of road-going units aren't built on the first year, the bulk of the production needs to start on the second year of racing.

Here's the specifics (I pulled it from Reddit as I am not in the mood to sift through a ton of pages worth of regulations):

> Road model must be a two-door design.
> 300 road cars per year. (I've also heard 5-10 units a year but I don't think this applies to Lexus/Toyota)
> 10 race car models a year for the first two years.
> Within an aerodynamic drag-to-downforce performance range.
> Approval from an FIA committee consisting of relevant race organization bodies and participating manufacturers.

Given that Toyota/Lexus are pushing the "building road cars out of race cars route", you can guarantee that this will be a road car.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Given that Toyota/Lexus are pushing the "building road cars out of race cars route", you can guarantee that this will be a road car.
Even though TMC doesn't really need to get out of their own way to build road cars that are optimised for racing, since many higher level touring car and rally car series these days allow for more modifications to the car than they used to, I'm still really glad they are doing it.