Introducing the Lexus LC 500h Hybrid Coupe

Reactions
In defense of the color Atomic Silver ... these pictures do not do it justice. You must see it in real life. It is anything but beige! I would characterize it more as a metallic bronze/silver. Beige is a very milky light brown:
View attachment 1309

Atomic Silver first came on the latest generation IS. Was so popular Lexus made it available on several models with the exception of the new RX. This is our NX in Atomic Silver and still this picture doesn't capture the essence of the color. Still I realize color is a matter of personal taste. Please call it anything but beige which I dislike immensely. :)

View attachment 1308
Yeah, Atomic Silver looks more bronze in the dim light, while more silver in the direct sunlight. It is a good choice for more homely cars.
However, it doesn't look impressive on this coupe.

Last edited:
Reactions
I've heard of the NX referred to as a lot of things ... but not homely ;)
Well, it is all about the relative. NX is surely a stand out in its class. But, it is not even close to a vehicle made the whole world media wowing. LC5oo just looks exotic in the right colors, not that much in Atomic Silver tho.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Atomic silver looks amazing in person, one of my favorite silvers. Germans usually dominate silvers for me, atomic silver is now right up there.

The LC looks AMAZING in silver and the red interior is just nuts!!!

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Are there any pics showing the rear seats how useful they are? Currently, there are only 2 coupes that can comfortably seat 4 persons: the Maserati GranTurismo and the Ferrari FF/GTC4. The S Coupe is rather a 2 door Sedan.

BTW, anybody else thinks the LC 500h has better weight distribution (49/51?) than the LC 500 (52/48)?

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Wasn't there an article earlier that said the hybrid LC will have roughly the same hp as the std LC?

Yes indeed. There were multiple sources strongly implying the hybrid would have high HP numbers. That certainly was off the mark.

Lexus model numbers for pure gasoline cars indicate displacement, not performance. It's why the LS went from 400 (4.0L) to 430 (4.3L) to 460 (4.6L). On the stock LC with the 5.0 V8, 500 is correct. For hybrids, the number is intended to indicate the equivalent displacement pure gasoline engine with the same total power. So if the hybrid LC500h is just as fast as the gasoline model LC500 (which seems to be true), they're being consistent.

Except the problem is, a few of us here like Mike and I, have strong doubts that the LC hybrid can actually match the performance of the regular LC.

Most of us are well aware the model numbers indicate equivalent displacement, not performance. However when comparing models, the numbers absolutely are an apples to apples comparison of relative performance.

^Hate those press pictures. Why can't they photograph the car in natural lighting, where the car would look 100x better?

The black/red interior looks great, even if used everywhere else already though!

Yes the amateur press release photos rear their ugly head again. Atomic Silver IMHO is an incredible color in real life. However in these badly done photos, Lexus managed to make Atomic Silver look absolutely average.

Lasse J. Nordvik

Follower
Reactions
Yes indeed. There were multiple sources strongly implying the hybrid would have high HP numbers. That certainly was off the mark.

Except the problem is, a few of us here like Mike and I, have strong doubts that the LC hybrid can actually match the performance of the regular LC.

Most of us are well aware the model numbers indicate equivalent displacement, not performance. However when comparing models, the numbers absolutely are an apples to apples comparison of relative performance.

Yes the amateur press release photos rear their ugly head again. Atomic Silver IMHO is an incredible color in real life. However in these badly done photos, Lexus managed to make Atomic Silver look absolutely average.
Those studio photos of the Sonic Titanium/Atomic Silver car were indeed very lifeless. It needs the David Dewhurst at sunup or sundown treatment.

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
Nevertheless regrettable that so much fuss is about the quality of the pictures.
And rightly so, a Lexus always looks better in real life!
There are few photographs that are really worth, they should do something about it.
Exceptions are the last pictures of the RX, I thought they were on the right track ...

RAL

Reactions
Last edited:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-04-04-lexus-lc-500h-rear.jpg

Lexus LC chief engineer Koji Sato discusses the LC 500h in a new Motor Trend interview.
View the original article post

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
This is great fuel economy for a sub 5 second coupe with a 5 liter engine too! Imagine if the LC F had a hybrid too!

mikeavelli

Reactions
A potential 500 mile range based on the size of the gas tank would mean many people who would have this car as a second/third car would potentially fill up once a month!