krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2021-03-19-lexus-is-500-launch-edition-hero.jpg

Lexus has announced the IS 500 Launch Edition, a limited release of 500 vehicles for North America. The 472-horsepower sedan will only be available with an Incognito exterior, a brand new color in the Lexus palette.

2021-03-19-gallery-lexus-is-500-launch-edition-39-400x200.jpg

2021-03-19-gallery-lexus-is-500-launch-edition-38-400x200.jpg

2021-03-19-gallery-lexus-is-500-launch-edition-37-400x200.jpg

2021-03-19-gallery-lexus-is-500-launch-edition-35-400x200.jpg

2021-03-19-gallery-lexus-is-500-launch-edition-34-400x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
Townsend sure did reference enthusiasts a lot

I can now freely talk about things. So I worked with Lexus on organizing enthusiasts to be there for a surprise debut. This was from the top down. The new blood at Lexus are true gear heads and understand how much we mean to the brand.

Secondly I worked with Lexus on the iS 500 tribute to the RC F GT3. It’s been a hell of a month so far.

I am so excited for the future.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
I can now freely talk about things. So I worked with Lexus on organizing enthusiasts to be there for a surprise debut. This was from the top down. The new blood at Lexus are true gear heads and understand how much we mean to the brand.

Secondly I worked with Lexus on the iS 500 tribute to the RC F GT3. It’s been a hell of a month so far.

Wiil you say the grey is very similar to nado grey or is it a little different.

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions

That's very good news to hear!
And clearly a different strategy from Lexus, which can only result in something beautiful.
Good job, Mike!

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Haha, I guessed it, special paint job. Good, I won't say anything negative, the IS 500 is a good start, but please let it continue. I don't want Lexus to milk the special editions with paint jobs (which are industry's best to say the truth). Lexus need more than paint.

mikeavelli

Reactions
It was amazing to see Lexus want to do something different and debut the car at the track at SEBRING with mostly owners and enthusiasts. No wine and cheese or pebble beach. So refreshing. A ton of work was done to make this happen so fast. All the top executives stayed late and talked to everyone personally who had questions. And they are all gear heads.

more to come I’m still tired from yesterday lol. Full day today and I’ll post more.

MichaelL

Follower
Reactions
Look forward to reading about driving impressions on the IS500. I like the look, can’t wait to hear how it is to drive, handling, balance, etc....

GuoxJason

Fan
Reactions

Amazing! Thank you for all of your amazing work! I truly appreciate it.