Hyundai Motor Group no No. 3 automaker in sales volume | More fires

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
There solution to any problem has been turning on the money printer to poach candidates.
Chinese and South Korean companies are so similar in this regard, just fork out ridiculously high salaries to poach engineers and designers from western companies, it's like they are saying “we are a bunch of talentless and uncreative dickwads with dog crap tier reputation, and all we really know is printing money”.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
it's like they are saying “we are a bunch of talentless and uncreative dickwads with dog crap tier reputation, and all we really know is printing money”.
The good news for the Koreans is that VinFast has arrived to make their cars look like Toyota products in comparison. The bad news is that VinFast seems to be correcting their mistakes pretty rapidly, although I think launching as EV only is going to be their major problem even when they fix everything.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
The good news for the Koreans is that VinFast has arrived to make their cars look like Toyota products in comparison. The bad news is that VinFast seems to be correcting their mistakes pretty rapidly, although I think launching as EV only is going to be their major problem even when they fix everything.
How many people outside of Vietnam would even want to buy a Vietnamese car? Even the Vietnamese themselves don't have a particularly positive opinion on VinFast, plus their parent company is basically a tyrant of Vietnam. Oh, and the last time someone in Vietnam criticised VinFast they were arrested and interrogated by the police.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I don't disagree, but people will buy almost anything if the price is low enough. VinFast has no chance of doing that with EVs, but if they changed course and brought over some ICE cars they could do well. Or they could build low-cost rebadges for GM, like Daewoo has for the last 20 years.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I don't disagree, but people will buy almost anything if the price is low enough. VinFast has no chance of doing that with EVs, but if they changed course and brought over some ICE cars they could do well. Or they could build low-cost rebadges for GM, like Daewoo has for the last 20 years.
Before doing BEVs, Vinfast sold (?) ICEVs. They were rebranded BMWs. A far cry from Daewoo.

Flagship1

Follower
Reactions

mikeavelli

Reactions
Hertz lot was filled with the new EV6, new Sante Fe Palisades etc…I’m not against fleet at all but kinda shocked me. This likely explains the surge in ev6 sales

I spotted a Crown too lol

1719756348915.jpegIMG_5486.jpeg

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
So they replaced a bunch of crap pile Teslas with another bunch of EVs from another brand, plus some oversized crossovers with dual clutch transmissions that have Parkinson's. Great, just great 😂.