How does the Mark Levinson Sound System in the Lexus ES Compare to an Opera House?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew

How does the Mark Levinson Sound System in the Lexus ES Compare to an Opera House?
18-12-13-lexus-es-opera-house.jpg

Unsurprisingly well.
View the original article post

Reactions: RAL

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I haven't yet checked out the new ES, but the ML on my LS500 is as terrific as ever. Kind of interesting since those complaints aren't coming in about the revised Camry and Avalon that the ES draws from.

farid

Premium Member
Reactions
how we can download this video????i can't download it from the site...can you upload it in this forum?????

Reactions

This ad is a total lie!!

Don't buy or lease a 2019 Lexus ES 350 if you like music. The sound system is the worse. There's no surround sound! How are you surrounded by sound if the rear speaker has no sound coming out of it? When you adjust the front speakers that blasts the music at you to the rear, only the rear side speakers work. Why doesn't the large rear speaker not have sound coming out of it? It doesn't matter how good the car drives, it is torture driving with the music on. You might as well have a little hand held radio in your Lexus and you'd get better sound from it. Why? Because a little hand held radio didn't cost you as much as your Lexus and you expect it to sound that way. I expected a fantastic sound system from a Lexus. It is torture and the worse sound system I have ever had in any car I've owned. Even the cheap cars I bought when I was a teenager had better sound systems. When Lexus service told me that it is true that the rear speaker has no sound coming from it and there's nothing they can do about it and that I was stuck with the worse sound system any car could have, that's when I decided that I will NEVER lease another Lexus again. This 2019 Lexus was my 6th Lexus and I WAS a Lexus customer for life. Not anymore. Lexus I am done with you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I fixed your mangled post, please be careful when using the "reply" function.

This ad is regarding the Mark Levinson system in the new ES which I've been told performs to expectations by several trusted people. Your problems are with the base Pioneer system.

RAL

Reactions
Our 2019 Lexus ES 350 is our 8th Lexus ... all of which have been equipped with the base Pioneer system or the Mark Levinson premium sound system. Some of the systems have been better than others, but all have been good. I can only attest to my own experience, but the ML system in this 7ES is without a doubt the best sound system I have heard in an automobile. My wife is a lifelong musician, pianist, pipe organist, and teaches music therapy at the University of Louisville ... all that to say she knows good sound when she hears it. When I brought our new ES home and first played a familiar piece to her on the ML system, she turned to me with a look of astonishment on her face saying this system is amazing! She said, "It's like being there ..."

Reactions
I have owned a Lexus for over 30 years and my 2019 ES 350 F Sport is the first with the ML system and I am kicking myself for not getting it sooner. My only issue is the amplifier blew out with 3000 miles on the car. I understand there have been several instances of this happening with the new cars. Getting it replace under warranty and my loaner has the stock system and it is really poor compared to the ML.

Reactions
None given. I don't think it was from playing too loud. I am 69 years old and volume never got above 40. I should also note that the entire audio was out: voice assist, destination assist, etc.

RAL

Reactions
None given. I don't think it was from playing too loud. I am 69 years old and volume never got above 40. I should also note that the entire audio was out: voice assist, destination assist, etc.

OUCH! ... Do you know where the amp is located? ... a lot of disassembly to get to it?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Typical response from Lexus to a dissatisfied customer. That's all we're getting from Lexus. So I made a mistake in stating the ML system instead of the stock system. Lexus is doing nothing about it and they are all acting as if they no nothing about the worse sound system any car could have.

P.S. You need a new picture. Your posted picture does nothing for you.

no need to get snappy with members here, we dont work for Lexus, we cant solve your problem. And this thread is about ML system, not a base one.

Reactions
I really like the Mark Levinson audio system in my new ES 350 F Sport. It was WAY better than the model I drove without the Mark Levinson system. I listen to Spotify and CDs and they sound great. My only complaint is how you don’t get a true surround experience - when driving you don’t get any of the sound from the back of the car. Even if you adjust the fader towards the rear. Regardless it sounds pretty amazing and recommend getting the Mark Levinson system when buying a Lexus.

FearTheYu

Founding Member
Reactions
I'd like what audio sources that those with ML on the 2019 ES350 are using? ie HDRadio, SAT/XM, CD's, MP3-MP4 (what bitrate)? Often times, we overlook and say the speakers suck and not look at the source material. Like playing a 480p DVD in a Blu-ray, it may be slightly enhanced, but not quite 1080p or 4k when it was filmed so to speak if you catch my drift.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Often times, we overlook and say the speakers suck and not look at the source material. Like playing a 480p DVD in a Blu-ray, it may be slightly enhanced, but not quite 1080p or 4k when it was filmed so to speak if you catch my drift.

I agree that that can be a thing, but the newer Lexus implementations *do* have a pronounced front-seat bias in the audio that didn't used to be there. In my LS500 with the ML and everything on default, it sounds terrific and there's excellent soundstaging and directionality, but if you pan to the rear it loses volume and the staging collapses. That wasn't the case with the previous-gen LS or ES, and it seems especially bad for the Chinese market where the car's owner won't be sitting up front.

Last edited: