Gaming Thread!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Finally ready to buy a new console, so what's everyone's opinion on Xbox One vs. PS4?

I just finished the entire Halo series on my new XB360, so I'm leaning toward a XB1 -- however, I know the PS4 is probably a better system long term.

Integress

Fan
Reactions
I've had nothing but Playstation (PS2, PS3, PS4) and I've never had any problems with them. Currently playing Battlefront on the PS4 and the graphics are beautiful! The snow glistens and sparkles!!!! Also it does an amazing job of allowing you to suspend applications to use something else (example: Oh man, I'm getting my butt handed to me in this game, I wonder if there's a better way to approach this...I should check YouTube. *Suspend game, Open YouTube in a matter of seconds, Watch Videos, Go Back to Game, Get better at playing *)

I vote PS4. If you do go PS4, add me on there :integress. And if you get Battlefront, well then maybe I'll see you on the Darkside.
12274425_10103668201995625_6010437225305923906_n.jpg

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
I have the Wii U, the Xbox, Xbox 360, and PS4. I went with the PS4 a year ago but to be honest I regret it due to the small games library and weaker "livability". We keep playing with our 360 a lot more. Today, I'd buy the Xbox One thanks to

1.(now) the backwards compatibility of some 360 games
2. I prefer more of the Xbox proprietary games like Halo, Forza, Fable, etc than the PS offerings.
3. Removal of the AA batteries allows you to swap to another rechargeable pair on the XBox controller whereas the PS4's controller's is built in meaning if the charge dies you're limited to swapping to another controller (70$ +tax Cdn) or playing hardwired over a USB cable while it's charging.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I've had nothing but Playstation (PS2, PS3, PS4) and I've never had any problems with them. Currently playing Battlefront on the PS4 and the graphics are beautiful!

I have the Wii U, the Xbox, Xbox 360, and PS4. I went with the PS4 a year ago but to be honest I regret it due to the small games library and weaker "livability". We keep playing with our 360 a lot more. Today, I'd buy the Xbox One

If I hadn't just played through Halo, the XB1 would be a no-brainer with the backwards compatibility. It should only take me six months or so to decide between the two systems. Haha.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Wow, this thread hasn't been touched in almost two years!

I ended up buying a PS4 last year, and in that time have played quite a few games (definitely recommend Inside to anyone that hasn't played it).

Anyway, there's a reason I'm resurrecting this thread -- anyone here going to be play Destiny 2 when it comes out in September?

ThePenguin

Follower
Reactions
I'll eventually pick up Destiny 2 for my Xbox One. Probably once I get bored of Forza Motorsport 7 :D