Gaming Thread!

Integress

Fan
Reactions
So who here is also a gamer, and which console do you use? And what types of games do you typically play?

I used to game on the PC back in the day (I'm talking about the days when we had DOS and you had to type in commands to start the game lol); I played games on the PC (classics like Doom, Hexen, Quake, Tomb Raider, RE and Silent Hill) up until my PC couldn't handle the new games anymore and then I switched to the PS2. From the PS2, I upgraded to the PS3 and now have the PS4.

I have nothing against Xbox, it's just I have small hands and found the PS controller to be more comfortable for me lol

I've always been a big fan of horror games like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, F.E.A.R., Dead Space the current Dying Light, etc. I also enjoy action/adventure games and FPS-- the only fighter style game I play is Mortal Kombat, because I like the characters/story. And of course, I have enjoyed the Batman Arkham series and look forward to the upcoming Arkham Knight where I can drive the Batmobile :D

PSN ID: Integress

Anyone else?

mikeavelli

Reactions
I never really owned one, so I'm the guy that comes over your house that you beat and get new high scores on lol....

Classics I remember were Contra and Techmo Bowl.....I remember Doom in college...and I love the new Forza series...

Ruksac

Follower
Reactions
I used to be huge into WOW, I mean like really addicted. Played my character for nearly 4 years. He was a ruthless warlock LOL. Before that it was all about RTS games. SimCity, Civilization, Star Craft, things like that. I always liked the idea of me being a god over a world. Now I just play a new game on my phone for a couple of months and move on. @Integress, your small hands comment reminds me of Kristen Wiig's character!

judice-kristen-wiig2.jpg

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Been a gamer my whole life, but have backed off in recent months due to building this website. Finally kicked my addiction to Hearthstone, and am currently playing through the Bioshock series.

For whatever reason, I will play a console game until it's complete. This makes me extremely picky about which games I play. Also, I have a tendency to buy new Nintendo systems just to play the Zelda series.

Awesome topic!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I used to be huge into WOW, I mean like really addicted. Played my character for nearly 4 years. He was a ruthless warlock LOL.

Up until playing the Hearthstone card game, I had never played online games for this exact reason. Too addicting.

Integress

Fan
Reactions
I never really owned one, so I'm the guy that comes over your house that you beat and get new high scores on lol....

Classics I remember were Contra and Techmo Bowl.....I remember Doom in college...and I love the new Forza series...

Oh man!!! Never owned one!?? :eek: Wow!! Haha I remember gaming all through my summer vacations back in school days. Sitting in front of the computer at 4am, still going strong in Doom lol

I used to be huge into WOW, I mean like really addicted. Played my character for nearly 4 years. He was a ruthless warlock LOL. Before that it was all about RTS games. SimCity, Civilization, Star Craft, things like that. I always liked the idea of me being a god over a world. Now I just play a new game on my phone for a couple of months and move on. @Integress, your small hands comment reminds me of Kristen Wiig's character!

View attachment 216

Hahahahaha, ok my hands aren't freakishly small, I'm just a small person overall haha
Ohhh, WOW is a game I never played, also afraid to get too addicted haha. Back in the day, I was against games that were open world, or had the potential to be played for infinite amount of hours and I liked games that had an ending because then I felt accomplished haha. Nowadays, I tend to rent my games from Gamefly, so I like to play one every one-two months and that's usually easier when the game has an ending :D

Been a gamer my whole life, but have backed off in recent months due to building this website. Finally kicked my addiction to Hearthstone, and am currently playing through the Bioshock series.

For whatever reason, I will play a console game until it's complete. This makes me extremely picky about which games I play. Also, I have a tendency to buy new Nintendo systems just to play the Zelda series.

Awesome topic!

:D Ah, yes I too have had to back off a bit myself because I don't have summer vacations and spring breaks anymore. Bioshock, by the way, was an amazing series and there were some pretty cool easter eggs in them if I recall correctly!

Batman is going to be epic. It's the first one of the series with an M rating. Can't wait!

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Grew up owning and playing with Atari and Nintendo so I have a soft-spot for the main Nintendo franchise games - Mario and Zelda. I also enjoy the Need for Speed franchise on my 360 and PS4, most any hack and slash game and some adventure games like Fable when I have time, but my favorite is anything and everything Castlevania. From the first on NES to Lords of Shadow 2 on 360, something about the Belmont clan and the whip I just love!

2483-1-castlevania-1-for-nes.jpg

castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-special-edition.jpg

Integress

Fan
Reactions
Grew up owning and playing with Atari and Nintendo so I have a soft-spot for the main Nintendo franchise games - Mario and Zelda. I also enjoy the Need for Speed franchise on my 360 and PS4, most any hack and slash game and some adventure games like Fable when I have time, but my favorite is anything and everything Castlevania. From the first on NES to Lords of Shadow 2 on 360, something about the Belmont clan and the whip I just love!

Haha nice throwback! I think I played Castlevania on the PS3 one time-- it was pretty fun, but I hadn't played the old school ones so I probably didn't fully appreciate it :D

nabbun

Premium Member
Reactions
NES: Zelda, Mario, Duck hunt, etc
PC: Doom, quake, wolfenstein, duke nukem, etc.
Sega Genesis: Sonic, Judge Dread, Mortal Kombat, etc
N64: Mario, Zelda, Banjo & Kazooie, etc
PS3: Gran Turismo, God of War, Armored Core, etc
PC: Bioshock, Tomb Raider, Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, etc.

I love FPS as well as some RTS like StarCraft. Oh and Car racing games.

I'm pretty much on Steam now. No more consoles :( With the rigs I build, you can turn up the graphics to 11. I can't go back to consoles now. They can't even do 1080p 60FPS on medium graphics settings LoL

Sorry in advance for you consoles lovers :p

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
I used to 'play' with MS Flight Simulator on PC... but that's years ago. Don't have a lot of time for gaming anymore (wife + 3 kids take most of my leisure time ;)), except for a session of Gran Turismo 6 on PS3 from time to time, trying to beat my eldest son on the track in an LFA Nürburgring Edition or in the newest LF-LC concept :D

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Wow congrats Lexfather! That's a big accomplishment to have Vossen in a major game!

Och

Admirer
Reactions
Ordered myself an Oculus Rift kit - can't wait for it to arrive.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
So, funny story -- I put an old Mac mini on Kijiji, which is like Craigslist and very popular here in Canada. It wasn't selling, went a couple months just sitting there.

One day, a guy contacts me and wants to trade an Xbox 360 for it. I owned an original Xbox and wanted to replaythe Halo games, so I went ahead with the trade. Honestly, we're talking about a $60 computer I'm trading, it's nothing.

Get the Xbox home and it's been modded -- banned from Xbox Live. Doesn't stop me from playing games, but I sure learned a lesson that day.

:cool:

Integress

Fan
Reactions
Star Wars Battlefront, anyone? Open beta was this weekend and OMG.... it was AMAZING. I gave up many many hours of sleep to play it..... so worth it. The graphics on the PS4 are beautiful....the gameplay is great.... and kicking people's arses with light sabers brings tears of joy to my eyes. :)
12074978_10103597213457225_1511136731636181223_n.jpg