Collected: 2016 Lexus RX Reviews

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-12-10-lexus-rx-dan-neil-400x200.jpg

Dan Neil of The Wall Street Journal has driven the 2016 Lexus RX.
View the original article post

Ruksac

Follower
Reactions
Within the first two paragraph's of Dan Neil's RX review, he calls into question as to whether or not he is even qualified to review the product. He lists the various competitors to the RX failing to include the BMW offerings and then states his favorite of the whole luxury SUV segment is the Volvo! The WSJ is a fine institution of economic reporting but let's face it, the Volvo is not nor has ever been a luxury car. Just because it's imported from Europe does not qualify a vehicle to be luxury. Should we include Saab, Volkswagen and Peugeot?

abraxas

Fan
Reactions
I want my sliding tray that WAS located in the top of the console back...... I want my left cup holder back.....I want the larger rear cargo storage capacity back.....I want the previous model's (lower) ride height back......I want the open storage area under the console back instead of the lame small pocket....I want the old grill back instead of grille that looks like a black hole ready to swallow up the next swarm of Monarch butterflies......

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
http://www.washingtonpost.com/cars/...9c32e4-a824-11e5-9b92-dea7cd4b1a4d_story.html

Washington Post mostly loves it except the styling which is to be expected.

Loved this part..

Judging from verbal street reactions to the model I was driving in the Washington area last week, the Lexus people appear to have achieved their goal of setting the redesigned RX350 well apart from the many other mid-size crossover models in the U.S. market.

Everybody noticed the new RX350 F-Sport. Nobody ignored it. Many people passionately expressed their “love” for it. Many others were equally passionate in their disdain.

For an automotive designer, it is difficult to ask for anything more. You are not likely to be universally loved. That’s life in a pluralistic society. But neither, in this case, are you being ignominiously ignored. That would be death anywhere.

The good news, as my wife, Mary Anne, pointed out, is that the RX350 F-Sport’s interior is so comfortable and becoming — and that the crossover drives so well — as she said: “Who cares what it looks like on the outside? I like this one!”

abraxas

Fan
Reactions
As so many have pointed out, it is one of the ugliest cars on the road.

This comment sums it up for us too --> " I'd get another Lexus in a moment if it wasn't just a little embarrassing to walk up to the car."

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I didn't see the point of making a new one for a single review.

RX FTW. When's the next gen debuting?

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I didn't see the point of making a new one for a single review.
No need to apologize. You absolutely did the right thing.

RX FTW. When's the next gen debuting?
RX has yet to unveil its mid-life facelift. We may be seeing that soon at the nearly-concurrent Shanghai and New York Auto Shows in mid-April.

As to the next-gen RX, according to Carmaker1's most recent post, we should be seeing that in late 2021 (2022 model year).

Reactions
First time ever have I seen AutoGuide pick a TMC product over anything else. The annoying lisp guy picked a Sonata over a Camry.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAL