CAR Magazine Comparison: Lexus RC F vs. BMW M4 vs. Ford Mustang

Discussion in 'Lexus Lounge' started by Tragic Bronson, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Tragic Bronson
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

RC F wins first, and the M4 finishes is beat by the Mustang...so different from EVO and Top Gear's results.

Attached Files:

corradoMR2, krew and mikeavelli like this.
  2. mikeavelli
    mikeavelli Staff Member Moderator
    You hear that sound? That's the sound of Internet MAG racer heads exploding...

corradoMR2, krew, Joe and 1 other person like this.
  3. krew
    krew Administrator
    krew [​IMG]

View the original article post

Joe, mikeavelli and Trexus like this.
  4. minipixels
    where is the entire article print?

mikeavelli likes this.
  5. Gecko
    Gecko Staff Member Administrator
    In the first post on this page :D

krew and mikeavelli like this.
  6. Pedro Roldão
    I can't where the full article print is... :|

mikeavelli likes this.
  7. Madi
    There is something wrong with vehicles weights, the chart says the RC F is 1680 kg = 3704 lb !!

mikeavelli likes this.
  8. Tragic Bronson
    CAR: BMW M4 vs Ford Mustang vs Lexus RC F

[​IMG]

corradoMR2, krew, Joe and 2 others like this.
  9. mikeavelli
    mikeavelli Staff Member Moderator
    There is always differences between Euro to US cars and the straight conversion is never accurate.

10. Wicus Kriel
    Wicus Kriel Premium Member
  11. Bulldog 1
    It goes without saying I'm for Lexus, but this does not appear to be a fair comparison.
    You're pitting a top of the line RC-F vs. a top of the line M4 vs. a base Mustang GT. Giving up 55 to 65 HP to Lexus from the get go SHOULD give Lexus the win in all power based categories.
    It seems a Shelby, Penske or Roush based Mustang south of 500 HP would have evened the playing field a bit.
    I'm glad the writer chose the Lexus, but HP vs. HP, on paper, this should have been a runaway win for the L.
    I'm impressed with the as tested fuel economy for the Mustang over the BMW and Lexus. No worries with gas at $1.79 per gallon, but once it returns to $3.00 a gallon or more, the gas alone would make owning the Lexus or BMW somewhat prohibitive. A range of only 200 miles per tank or less would give me near electric car range anxiety over my fuel tank volume if I had to drive any distance daily.
    Not raining on the Lexus win, hooray for the positive media, but I feel valid points if doing a completely neutral comparison.
    I daily drove GM V8 powered Pony Cars up until Chevy and Pontiac killed them two years beyond, so I know the struggles of a 400HP V8 from experience.
    But oh, that window cracking, neighbor angering rumble when you turn that beast over in the morning :)

12. farid
    farid Premium Member
    thank for this comparision...very good...i love RCF...lexus is best of the best.

13. Joe
    Joe Premium Member
    Finally a car journalist who has the guts to prefer the RC F over the M4... ! :cool:

14. Travis
    I always said the RCF is a better complete package then the M4. When you get a non bias reviewer.. this happens.

Good stuff !

mikeavelli and corradoMR2 like this.
  15. Travis
    You do understand theres more to a car then engine output? Also whats on paper most of the time doesn't translate into real world testing? Yes the Lexus is more powerful but it also is fully loaded with Luxury in the cockpit and big V8 with trick suspension. The trade off is more weight but in return you get a better equipped car and a better valued car that better then both the stang and M4 in everyday situations. Also it not being faster can also be due to its high revving nature of its V8... where the M4 is lighter and can build boost earlier in the RPM. That just the nature of it two different performance engines.

If Lexus was to build a more RAW RCF with no luxury. No back seats. Remove all the heavy trick suspension and technology and give us a bare bone racing model it would be faster and handle even better. Not sure what they would call it... RCF R ?

corradoMR2 likes this.
  16. Tinhinnh
    Lexus is a lux brand, they would never build a stripped car...for competition, yes

farid likes this.
  17. ydooby
    Good win, but the article lost me when it says the RC-F has "GT-R styling". WTF?

18. krew
    krew Administrator
    My apologies to @Tragic Bronson -- didn't realize the original post was deleted. Now restored.

19. corradoMR2
    corradoMR2 Founding Member
    Great win for the RC F! :D Well deserved and glad they see it as the best all-around package which is what it was designed for. And how could they resist the aural tones of that V8?

krew likes this.
  20. Madi
    It's not about accuracy, we talking about over 300lb difference !!! the true RC F weight is over 1830 kg, it will be amazing if it's really weights 1680 gk !! , except if the weight here isn't the Curb Weight but something else ...

Thank you ...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016