G4T5wpl.jpg

K0WvjKg.jpg

71u3OXg.jpg

Ik0FgGc.jpg

MWFmT5U.jpg

CGgqMOc.jpg

GpXDJAu.jpg
6D38QXM.jpg

RC F wins first, and the M4 finishes is beat by the Mustang...so different from EVO and Top Gear's results.

Attachments

• 4v2AeFL.jpg
    4v2AeFL.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 3
  • CGgqMOc.jpg
    CGgqMOc.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 3
  • K0WvjKg.jpg
    K0WvjKg.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 6D38QXM.jpg
    6D38QXM.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Ik0FgGc.jpg
    Ik0FgGc.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 3
  • G4T5wpl.jpg
    G4T5wpl.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 3
  • 71u3OXg.jpg
    71u3OXg.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 3
  • WZ4j1H8.jpg
    WZ4j1H8.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 3
  • MWFmT5U.jpg
    MWFmT5U.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 3
  • GpXDJAu.jpg
    GpXDJAu.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 3

Madi

Fan
Reactions
There is something wrong with vehicles weights, the chart says the RC F is 1680 kg = 3704 lb !!

mikeavelli

Reactions
There is something wrong with vehicles weights, the chart says the RC F is 1680 kg = 3704 lb !!

There is always differences between Euro to US cars and the straight conversion is never accurate.

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
It goes without saying I'm for Lexus, but this does not appear to be a fair comparison.
You're pitting a top of the line RC-F vs. a top of the line M4 vs. a base Mustang GT. Giving up 55 to 65 HP to Lexus from the get go SHOULD give Lexus the win in all power based categories.
It seems a Shelby, Penske or Roush based Mustang south of 500 HP would have evened the playing field a bit.
I'm glad the writer chose the Lexus, but HP vs. HP, on paper, this should have been a runaway win for the L.
I'm impressed with the as tested fuel economy for the Mustang over the BMW and Lexus. No worries with gas at $1.79 per gallon, but once it returns to $3.00 a gallon or more, the gas alone would make owning the Lexus or BMW somewhat prohibitive. A range of only 200 miles per tank or less would give me near electric car range anxiety over my fuel tank volume if I had to drive any distance daily.
Not raining on the Lexus win, hooray for the positive media, but I feel valid points if doing a completely neutral comparison.
I daily drove GM V8 powered Pony Cars up until Chevy and Pontiac killed them two years beyond, so I know the struggles of a 400HP V8 from experience.
But oh, that window cracking, neighbor angering rumble when you turn that beast over in the morning :)

farid

Premium Member
Reactions
thank for this comparision...very good...i love RCF...lexus is best of the best.

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
Finally a car journalist who has the guts to prefer the RC F over the M4... ! :cool:

Travis

Fan
Reactions
It goes without saying I'm for Lexus, but this does not appear to be a fair comparison.
You're pitting a top of the line RC-F vs. a top of the line M4 vs. a base Mustang GT. Giving up 55 to 65 HP to Lexus from the get go SHOULD give Lexus the win in all power based categories.
It seems a Shelby, Penske or Roush based Mustang south of 500 HP would have evened the playing field a bit.
I'm glad the writer chose the Lexus, but HP vs. HP, on paper, this should have been a runaway win for the L.
I'm impressed with the as tested fuel economy for the Mustang over the BMW and Lexus. No worries with gas at $1.79 per gallon, but once it returns to $3.00 a gallon or more, the gas alone would make owning the Lexus or BMW somewhat prohibitive. A range of only 200 miles per tank or less would give me near electric car range anxiety over my fuel tank volume if I had to drive any distance daily.
Not raining on the Lexus win, hooray for the positive media, but I feel valid points if doing a completely neutral comparison.
I daily drove GM V8 powered Pony Cars up until Chevy and Pontiac killed them two years beyond, so I know the struggles of a 400HP V8 from experience.
But oh, that window cracking, neighbor angering rumble when you turn that beast over in the morning :)
You do understand theres more to a car then engine output? Also whats on paper most of the time doesn't translate into real world testing? Yes the Lexus is more powerful but it also is fully loaded with Luxury in the cockpit and big V8 with trick suspension. The trade off is more weight but in return you get a better equipped car and a better valued car that better then both the stang and M4 in everyday situations. Also it not being faster can also be due to its high revving nature of its V8... where the M4 is lighter and can build boost earlier in the RPM. That just the nature of it two different performance engines.

If Lexus was to build a more RAW RCF with no luxury. No back seats. Remove all the heavy trick suspension and technology and give us a bare bone racing model it would be faster and handle even better. Not sure what they would call it... RCF R ?

ydooby

Follower
Reactions
Good win, but the article lost me when it says the RC-F has "GT-R styling". WTF?

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Great win for the RC F! :D Well deserved and glad they see it as the best all-around package which is what it was designed for. And how could they resist the aural tones of that V8?

Madi

Fan
Reactions
There is always differences between Euro to US cars and the straight conversion is never accurate.

It's not about accuracy, we talking about over 300lb difference !!! the true RC F weight is over 1830 kg, it will be amazing if it's really weights 1680 gk !! , except if the weight here isn't the Curb Weight but something else ...

Thank you ...

Last edited: