krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
19-07-04-lexus-rc-f-men-in-black.jpg

The website Fanbolt spoke with Lexus USA marketing media manager MJ Kroll about the partnership between the brand and Men in Black: International:

Q: What does that conversation look like? Do films already a model in mind, or is that something that Lexus gets to pick?
MJ Kroll: First and foremost, we look for alignment with our brand and how the integration might enable us to illuminate a core brand truth within the story.
For high profile integrations, we ensure that the film’s release syncs with our key initiatives and priorities during that time period. For Men in Black: International specifically, they were looking for a high style performance car, and we were preparing to launch the new RC F, the purest expression of Lexus performance...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
Black Panther, SuperFly, Men in Black.... young audiences... good stuff...

I doubt most have seen the remake of SuperFly but the LC was shown quite a bit in it.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
All great to hear! I still think the LCF in the new James Bond coming in 2020 would be sweet but I think Aston still holds the rights on those...

LDeleuran

Fan
Reactions
Black Panther, SuperFly, Men in Black.... young audiences... good stuff...

I doubt most have seen the remake of SuperFly but the LC was shown quite a bit in it.
It was featured very well in that movie, starting with it stopping in front of a building where you can clearly hear it is the V8 version.

There is a fairly unrealistic scene where it is able to keep up with a higher powered AWD car on soft terrain (no spoilers) but otherwise it is one of the strongest appearances of a car I have seen in a movie the past couple of years.

Reactions
Black Panther was the only movie with Lexus PP as of late that did well; didn't even realize there was a Superfly remake last year, had to google it and see what the RT score was, which was meh.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
19-07-04-lexus-rc-f-men-in-black.jpg

The website Fanbolt spoke with Lexus USA marketing media manager MJ Kroll about the partnership between the brand and Men in Black: International:

Q: What does that conversation look like? Do films already a model in mind, or is that something that Lexus gets to pick?
MJ Kroll: First and foremost, we look for alignment with our brand and how the integration might enable us to illuminate a core brand truth within the story.
For high profile integrations, we ensure that the film’s release syncs with our key initiatives and priorities during that time period. For Men in Black: International specifically, they were looking for a high style performance car, and we were preparing to launch the new RC F, the purest expression of Lexus performance...

Continue reading...

Will1991

Reactions
Black Panther was the only movie with Lexus PP as of late that did well; didn't even realize there was a Superfly remake last year, had to google it and see what the RT score was, which was meh.

After your post I've also looked around to see this movie... Total waste of time, for me and for Lexus... Even Alien vs. Predator would have been a better product placement....