Acura NSX Type S 2022 for last model year

Levi

Expert
Reactions
a shame, it is such a well made daily drivable urban compatible supercar.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Very excited for the Type S. Kinda sad that it will be the final year/send-off version though. If it had the proper facelift to align it with the current design language and be a proper flagship to represent the brand and better marketing/lower price, would've sold way better.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Finally a good article from a car website that calls out Honda's stupid and money wasting decisions, especially in page 2.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Interesting perspective. The author thinks the blame is on the US team led by Ted Klaus. The car feels 'American' in quality. Interior and exterior materials feel like they are straight from a Civic. But at the same time it doesn't have 'American' prices because of all the hybrid tech.

Seems like American cars have the same stigma of sloppy quality in Japan as in China.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Seems like American cars have the same stigma of sloppy quality in Japan as in China.
More like the whole Asia has that stereotype of crappy American cars, I wonder how do Europeans view the quality of American cars.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Even until today Honda only managed to sell 2558 units of the new NSX, they seriously don't understand what people want from a supercar, the best part is their excuse for canning the new NSX is that they deemed full hybrid powertrains are an irrelevant technology🤣, I wonder how much money they've lost in this project, starting a brand new manufacturing plant, preparing and training the dealerships to sell, service and repair the new NSX.

Back in Japan, Honda is going through a slightly weird phase, their brand image is shifting from a car manufacturer that produces almost all sorts of cars into one that heavily focuses on making tiny cars, it's like their small cars sell so well that they've overshadowed their regular cars and their regular cars have sort of become neglected.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• 2022 NSX Type S raises the already impressive performance of Acura’s cutting-edge electrified supercar to become the quickest, most powerful and best handling production NSX ever
  • In celebration of the final year of NSX production, just 350 NSX Type S models will be built, with 300 units destined for U.S. customers
  • 600 horsepower NSX Type S is instantly recognizable by its distinctive front and rear styling and enhanced aerodynamics that includes an NSX GT3-style rear diffuser
  • The Gen 2 NSX has played a critical role in reestablishing Acura as a performance brand, setting the stage for the return of Type S and more performance vehicles to come
  • NSX Type S is the third high-performance Type S model Acura has revealed this year

Reactions
Holy F*CK, that looks stunning.

I'm so sad that it's only going for 350 units. This should have been the refresh. I am however a little bit upset that despite the sheer amount of upgrades that they put into the Type S, it's only a 27 horsepower bump.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Looks really, really sharp. The increase in power + carbon fiber is impressive too... the car is on its way out, but this is quite a send off.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I really like the type-s. So much so, I spoke to a dealer I know about one. And they are making the same mistake of asking for markup on something they couldn’t give away. But things are a bit different in Covid times.

I like the Aventador front end, that grey color and the thought of a type-s. But alas overall what a failure.

They should have sold this in the second year, not at the end. How the hell is type-s back and they discontinue it??With the NSX gone their lineup is 4 models topping out at 60k or so.

They have no idea what they are doing still. Alas, this is a nice way to go out and again I love the changes.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
As soon as the sales have slumped they should have went for special editiions. I don't know how they didn't figure out that part. Funny things is all Type-S are sold out already and it's last year will be the second best year in sales. I bet now they know they should have went with more special editions each year or every other year. Type-S should have come out in 2019 to fix the sales numbers. And they should have went with soft cabrio as well even if it breaks through 200K because these last years have been a wild ride for unobtainable vehicles. Too many people got stupid rich on misfortune of hundreds of millions around the world and they are throwing cash around not asking a single question.

Reactions
This really makes me happy that they're going to continue the NSX nameplate. I miss continuity in enthusiast cars from Japanese brands. Thank Christ. Japan does not just have a pulse, they're beating real healthily now *knocks on wood*.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
I love the updates. This is the one to get. Saw it in person and looks great with the new front etc. interior is still awful for the price. It would be bad in the ILX. It’s mind boggling it made production. At least this adds escaine.

This should have been a 100-150k car. Not 150-220k. I guess an EV will come next time around. As time has passed I now have a soft spot for it. I’m glad it was made.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Type S is better, but I like the previous too. One of the few supercars that could have me interested if I could afford one. The car has an identity/personality only the R8 had, underdog big-boyz club player. I like it so.