Acura NSX Type S 2022 for last model year

Reactions
http://jalopnik.com/the-acura-nsx-build-your-own-configurator-seems-to-have-1760782432
urfjanknovikgymtro7b.jpg

Build your own NSX

mikeavelli

Reactions
Yeah since yesterday...loaded one up to 219k lol....

We are flirting with getting one here at Vossen (already have a deposit down) but worried quite a bit about depreciation and honestly the price is pretty high when you start looking around at other cars. The steel brakes are not available yet (huh) so you HAVE to buy carbon ceramics which are 10k right there. $1200 for floormats? We have to decide by week's end to make a move or get the deposit back, otherwise its not refundable.

Reactions
I saw NSX a couple of years ago, it was in concept stage then, but looks pretty much as the production form. The traffic in front of it was light, and people didn't stay long.
I will say NSX has good portion. It is the best looking Acura, quite an achievement for them, should be able to lift the brand somewhat. However, I am surprised that so many details can be improved even in this production car. It looks like 85% cooked meal to me. I guess that the refinement is not high priority in Acura's book.
I wish it the best, move out one thousand copies in 1st two years?

Last edited:

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Yeah since yesterday...loaded one up to 219k lol....

We are flirting with getting one here at Vossen (already have a deposit down) but worried quite a bit about depreciation and honestly the price is pretty high when you start looking around at other cars. The steel brakes are not available yet (huh) so you HAVE to buy carbon ceramics which are 10k right there. $1200 for floormats? We have to decide by week's end to make a move or get the deposit back, otherwise its not refundable.

Hope you didn't do it, it's not worth it!

guy selling his spot to buy the NSX...meanwhile tons of allocations are available...lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331785838935?ul_noapp=true

Lol seems like a typical Honda/Acura product. Overhyped, with lukewarm reception/demand.

mikeavelli

Reactions
The car has gotten pretty good reviews but the interior is severely lacking and it lacks the panache to command such pricing. Inventory levels continue to rise to nearly 300 available. If this car eventually gets some huge discounts to the 130k range, it really changes things.

Clarkson just gave it 3 out of 5 stars....we all know he called the LFA the best car he's ever driven.

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/clarkson/clarkson-review-2017-honda-nsx/

Reactions: CIF

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
The steel brakes are not available yet (huh) so you HAVE to buy carbon ceramics which are 10k right there.

Yeah, that's a lot of money...but ceramic brakes were developed for a reason. Unlike steel rotors (and particularly the cheap steel that some automakers use) ceramics will not warp or get runout (out-of-roundness) and shimmy, even if they are used hard and generate a lot of heat (which is basically what kills steel brakes). With most modern steel rotors, when they warp, you can only shave them once or twice on the brake-lathe to true them up before the amount of metal remaining is down to the minimum engineer-recommended thickness. With ceramics, they will probably last the life of the vehicle, unless they are damaged in an accident.

$1200 for floormats? We have to decide by week's end to make a move or get the deposit back, otherwise its not refundable.

I agree......that's ridiculous.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
The car has gotten pretty good reviews but the interior is severely lacking and it lacks the panache to command such pricing. Inventory levels continue to rise to nearly 300 available. If this car eventually gets some huge discounts to the 130k range, it really changes things.

Clarkson just gave it 3 out of 5 stars....we all know he called the LFA the best car he's ever driven.

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/clarkson/clarkson-review-2017-honda-nsx/

Wow, that's pretty shocking...almost 300 units in available inventory? This thing is not selling.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
I saw a new Curva Red NSX on the road recently. Personally, it just doesn't scream "exotic" when you see it on the road in the real world. IMHO the original NSX looked more exotic. I think personally part of it is that the new NSX is so chunky and beefy in terms of styling.

To contrast that, I finally saw an LC out in the real world. Now despite not being a supercar, the LC just made me think "exotic" compared to the NSX. The LC I saw was an Infrared LC, and wow what a spectacular paint finish. One of the best paint finishes I have ever seen on any car period.

supra93

Expert
Reactions

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
The original NSX was a masterpiece. I have rooted for the reboot to be a success, but I also thought their initial plan was to keep NSX "affordable" and around $100k price point (not stripped down to w/o fabric on seats, tires or a steering wheel for that price). Too bad.

Styling is kind of bland. Not one particular thing is especially stunning and the nose is still a bit too...Acura.

Not sure how much profit to be had, but I think Acura missed the mark in thinking people were going to line up to pay $160K-$220K for this car. Completely different proposition if they're asking $80k-$110k. Then I could potentially see this as a true value super car, which I always thought it was intended to be.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I like the NSX. My second and now only favorite supercar. Well worth it if I could. I have absolutely no interest in Ferrari supercar (the GT's are nice), Lamborghini (the RWD V10 is perfect but too much for my abilities), any McLaren that looks so ugly compared to the first MP4-12C that was so stealthy, or any Porsche 911, when I find the 718 the better car.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
According to @XtremeMaC, the global sales and forecast for the 2nd gen is 3,356 units.

1616110222198-png.39688

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Back in '05 I walked into some none-flagship Acura dealership and there was brand new NSX in red sitting on the floor. I don't even remember why I walked in but I remember I spent my whole visit discussing the car and them trying to get rid of that NSX and put it in my hands. I distinctively remember they offered a lease at $700+/month (maybe it was with $10k downpayment don't remember) or financing with $900+/month. From what I recall sticker was $92k.

But you have to understand that back then the car was seriously outdated in everything but the looks and that vanilla red painted sheet metal didn't sit on the car right. If it was that sick blue or yellow or even metallic orange it would probably help them to move the car since those colors were in demand. Anyway buying that car back then was like buying a Backstreet Boys album on a CD inside music store while EDM was already streaming on the internet and becoming the next big thing. Also NSX bottomed out five years after that but it recovered the lost value and record breaking pace. Now that I look back the pricing they offered me was a steal if you were a good market broker that could tell NSX would be a commodity within a decade. Unfortunately for me I am no collector, I drive my cars, I use my cars and their condition shows it so I won't be making money off used cars anytime soon :) :)

mikeavelli

Reactions
Reactions