6th Generation Toyota 4Runner Megathread

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
It’s interesting to see a new Platinum trim being offered. I always assume the Limited model 4Runners weren’t very popular, so seeing a higher grade luxury trim is surprising. The Platinum must be approaching LC250 prices.

The overall design is giving me major 2nd and 4th gen vibes, and I’m not sure how I feel about that. The taillights look pretty cool when lit up, and I like the separate brake/taillights. The 4Runner headlights are nicer than the Tacoma headlights as well.
Its a marketing thing now. I am waiting for the titanium, zirconium, and paladium variants.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
It’s interesting to see a new Platinum trim being offered. I always assume the Limited model 4Runners weren’t very popular, so seeing a higher grade luxury trim is surprising. The Platinum must be approaching LC250 prices.

The overall design is giving me major 2nd and 4th gen vibes, and I’m not sure how I feel about that. The taillights look pretty cool when lit up, and I like the separate brake/taillights. The 4Runner headlights are nicer than the Tacoma headlights as well.

I recall seeing somewhere that the Limited trim made up 15-20% of the build allocations, but that could have been regional - I am not 100% sure. If that's true, it's 22-25k 4Runner Limiteds a year at recent sales volumes.

I have a hunch there are some things about the new interior that might sway Limited and Platinum buyers over to the Land Cruiser or GX, namely the grab bar next to the shifter, the net pattern on some of the door pockets, and the fact that the Land Cruiser interior just looks more upscale and less trendy. I think a fair amount of this interior design works better for the Tacoma buyer than the 4Runner shopper, but either way, Toyota has their bases covered with so much choice for a very wide audience.

Reactions: RAL

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I recall seeing somewhere that the Limited trim made up 15-20% of the build allocations, but that could have been regional - I am not 100% sure. If that's true, it's 22-25k 4Runner Limiteds a year at recent sales volumes.

I have a hunch there are some things about the new interior that might sway Limited and Platinum buyers over to the Land Cruiser or GX, namely the grab bar next to the shifter, the net pattern on some of the door pockets, and the fact that the Land Cruiser interior just looks more upscale and less trendy. I think a fair amount of this interior design works better for the Tacoma buyer than the 4Runner shopper, but either way, Toyota has their bases covered with so much choice for a very wide audience.

I tend to agree that the interior will really separate the 4Runner from Land Cruiser. I like the Land Cruiser interior a lot more than the 4Runner. I expect a upgrade (non-premium) package TRD OR is probably going to be $50k. Worth the extra $6k to jump up to a 1958? FT4WD, nicer interior, and hybrid may make that a reasonable move.

Reactions

Last edited: