5th Generation Toyota Prius

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Couldn't find a thread for this so I figured I'd start one..

Looks like Bestcar's reporting of the Prius transitioning into a wedge-shaped sport sedan is true!

Pretty excited for the reveal, I won't lie this is kinda looking cool.

Attachments

• burlappcar-toyota-1 (3).jpg
    burlappcar-toyota-1 (3).jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 86
  • burlappcar-toyota-3.png
    burlappcar-toyota-3.png
    403.8 KB · Views: 77
  • burlappcar-toyota-4 (1).png
    burlappcar-toyota-4 (1).png
    480 KB · Views: 80
  • burlappcar-toyota-2 (2).jpg
    burlappcar-toyota-2 (2).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 83
  • burlappcar-toyota-prius.jpg
    burlappcar-toyota-prius.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 88

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Still a Prius...is is necessary? But better than again another CUV though...

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Imagine they cancel the corolla sedan and just keep the prius as the starter car for the lineup

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Imagine they cancel the corolla sedan and just keep the prius as the starter car for the lineup
Corolla just picked up hybrid AWD options for the mid cycle refresh. Sienna is hybrid only. Venza is hybrid only. I can see the next gen of Camry and Corolla going hybrid only. Which leaves the question... what is Prius? I've felt, for a bit, that Prius should move to a Prime only model. Maybe an entry model, small battery version that does the current 25mi / 50mpg and then a larger battery version that does 50mi / 48mpg.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
According to Creative311/Mag-X this new Prius is going to be 50mm lower than the current IS.
50mm lower than current IS? That is a lot. Perhaps 50mm (2 inch) lower than current Prius (which is quite tall).

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I wonder if they will be chasing an EQS-beating drag coefficient with the new Prius, with it being so much sleeker and lower.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I wonder if they will be chasing an EQS-beating drag coefficient with the new Prius, with it being so much sleeker and lower.
No. For minimum Cd the tail needs to extend all the way down to the ground. The Prius still has a short tail and quite high trunk opening.

larryren

Follower
Reactions
Greeting! For some "you know" reason I can't access the Twitter so I repost the Bestcar website screenshot..
The TMC official Japanese account are announce will world debut new model in 16th Nov.
And we can see in the picture the "Hybrid Reborn" written next to the headlights.
Japan local official website: Twitter original post:
8266d087a750443796b72e225e9f93a3.jpg

mikeavelli

Reactions
As soon as I saw the current gen, I said “DOA” cause the styling was so bad. Hoping they got the memo from everyone and we get much better looking Prius.