5th Generation Toyota Prius

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
@mikeavelli a Prius Prime based 2CT would be epic, just saying, don’t know if you want to share this idea 😇

Problem is shorter and boxy hatchback has more drag than sedan-like hatchback (Ioniq 6 vs 5, id.7 vs id.3 or 4).

If Toyota shrinks, restyles? and lowers the UX and drops overall vehicle height, that could pass as CT2 lol. The UX looks good but with the higher center of gravity, probably doesn't handle as well as the CT. I can't even do an oil change on the CT by using my ramps. The ramps worked well for my Accord coupe. That's how much lower the CT is haha.

I think for many households, cargo space matters. I don't think we (three household members, petite enough) could have gone camping with our gear (we are not backpack or camping experts and had started in 2020 when a family friend invited us, that friend is a lot more handy) in our CT. Had our RAV4H then. But I decided to quit camping so my wife and daughter can do on the Accord coupe or the CT so a smallish Toyota (preferably Lexus) BEV will do just fine now. :)

Last edited:

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
The interior reminds me of the UX, one of the more visually appealing dashboard layouts in the Lexus line up.

mikeavelli

Reactions
The Prius being sold worldwide allows the Japanese brands to touch it first. It’s an integral part of the modification process for cars sold here. If it’s sold in the USA/N.A only, the JDM brands have little to no interest..

It’s amazing to see all the support for the Prius….

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Screen Shot 2023-05-26 at 4.37.03 PM.png

Anyone else excited for the GR(MN?) Prius concept being revealed on 24LM Weekend in June? I personally am very excited to see the GR's first major touch on the new Prius.

What do you guys think will be powering it, G16e + hybrid? Or the regular Prime powertrain with an aggressive styling kit and chassis/suspension upgrades?

Reactions
View attachment 7258

Anyone else excited for the GR(MN?) Prius concept being revealed on 24LM Weekend in June? I personally am very excited to see the GR's first major touch on the new Prius.

What do you guys think will be powering it, G16e + hybrid? Or the regular Prime powertrain with an aggressive styling kit and chassis/suspension upgrades?
There were always constant whispers that we'd get a GR product. It was the most natural thing to do anyways.