5th Generation RX Discussion: Official Thread (RX 500h, 450h+, 350h and More)

mikeavelli

Reactions
Dont hate the player hate the game. LOL

Toyota's PR engagement of social media/platforms are part of the game these days. Toyota holding "HQ confidentials", engaging forums like this and others, and clickybait media personnel keep Lexus on the mind in repetitive news cycles. I would wager their ad budget is more social media then traditional print/journs (well unless your Honda/Genesistrend lol).

Yeah i agree. They invite my ass 🤣 and some people can’t stand me lol.

HQ Confidential to me makes a ton of sense. Really a great week and they can curate ur better than at an auto show to me.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I do wonder what TMCs ROI metric is with the new social media engagement campaigns? Are they looking at clicks per posts, engagement cycles per post?

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
A few pics from Lexus.com

lexus_interface_drive_base_story_desktop_1440x800

exterior_design_base_story_desktop_1440x800

driver-focused_interior_base_story_desktop_1440x800

rx_fsport_handling_base_story_desktop_1440x800

new_powertrains_base_story_desktop_1440x800

all-wheel_drive_base_story_desktop_1440x800

View attachment 5917

View attachment 5918

View attachment 5919

View attachment 5920

View attachment 5921

View attachment 5922

View attachment 5923
With wider rubber and shorter front overhang, it will be amazing, it will be the real production of the LF-1
I am so in-love with the overall shape and design outside and especially on the inside.

I know that this route is going to be a good one for Lexus, I'm just a huge sucker for cars driven by the rear wheels or have an AWD system that has a rear-wheel bias. That's why I'm a huge fan of the GR products, or the BOF products.

Also I'm missing the V6. Seeing Lexus turn into Volvo and become a 4-cylinder company is honestly depressing.

While manufacturers are moving away from bigger engines (even turbocharged ones), there are some that are sticking to it because that's what customers want. I believe Lexus should've stuck to it but they could have developed a brand-new single-turbo ~3.0L V6 that could have gone in every single vehicle bar the UX. Use the 4.0L twin-turbocharged V8 in all of the flagship products and some F cars. There is still plenty of room for efficiency that Lexus has not explored yet. While the power is excellent, the feel of a V6/I6 or a V8 is desired by customers.

And the reason why I am a huge stickler for this, is that I do not believe for a second that Lexus will go all electric by 2030 or 2035. No way. I could see a time say, 15 years from now where 20-25% of their sales are HEVs or BEVs.
I am in your team with this, TMC as always playing it safely, no matter old guys or new guys , TMC board will always be conservative

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I was reading the LX thread, and it just occurred to me, are the seating surfaces AC or ventiliated, and does any trim level offer massaging seats?

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
Yeah i agree. They invite my ass 🤣 and some people can’t stand me lol.

HQ Confidential to me makes a ton of sense. Really a great week and they can curate ur better than at an auto show to me.

Yeah but forget about all of the new product stuff, let's get down to the most important thing at the event, how was the food?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Yeah but forget about all of the new product stuff, let's get down to the most important thing at the event, how was the food?

I was pretty exhausted by dinner shooting the RX most of the time. It was prepared by a Lexus culinary chef. A vast assortment of choices. My favorite was a seasoned vegetarian dish and i love my pork lol.

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
I was pretty exhausted by dinner shooting the RX most of the time. It was prepared by a Lexus culinary chef. A vast assortment of choices. My favorite was a seasoned vegetarian dish and i love my pork lol.

Going to the Chrysler dealer new model announcement shows in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's, that's how we knew about how good the company was doing. How was the quality of the spread they provided us.

In the mid 80's during the minivan boom and everyone was making money, the shrimp were huge. As you went into the 90's the shrimp got noticeably smaller :)

Reactions
"It was prepared by a Lexus culinary chef ( Koji Sato and fella engineers of Lexus ). A vast assortment of choices ( variety of new models ). My favorite was a seasoned vegetarian dish ( sport-tuned/performance-oriented hybrid model ) and i love my pork lol ( potent V8 & V35A )."

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
The RX F-Sport Performance looks amazing, but Lexus really needs to move away from the sporty = red interior mindset. It’s so late 2000s/early 2010s and it’s limiting the interior expression of their models.

Add in some matching stitching. Highlight color touches here and there. They did some exciting things with the interior colors of the LC (which is technically an F/F-sport car, just not named so), let that filter to the rest of the lineup please.