5th Generation (2018+) Lexus LS 500 & LS 500h Megathread

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions
I certainly hope addition of a wireless charger, new wheel designs and a new colour is not considered a "major refresh" these days :)

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions
@Berto3818 This was what was high-lighted in the press release
  • Wireless cell phone charger standard on LS 500 and LS 500h
  • Head-Up Display, Digital Key capability, and 12.3-inch multi-information display (MID) now standard on LS 500
  • New exterior color: Silver Illusion
  • New wheel colors and designs available, exclusive to LS models
Anyway if I was to take a guess, I think Lexus will keep trickling out these incremental changes to the LS for another few years until the EV-version/replacement of the LS comes out (probably in 2026 or later).

Heicho

Follower
Reactions
I wouldn't mind seeing this concept turned into the next gen with the i-Force MAX engine standard. I don't think the next LS will be on e-TNGA and the LF-ZC is the one that's debuting the skateboard platform. Maybe they delay the launch until post-2026...

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I wouldn't mind seeing this concept turned into the next gen with the i-Force MAX engine standard. I don't think the next LS will be on e-TNGA and the LF-ZC is the one that's debuting the skateboard platform. Maybe they delay the launch until post-2026...

They should have done this for 2023 or 2024 IMO, but late would be better than never. The LS + concept is obviously a slightly restyled version of the 5LS so refreshing the production car to be similar shouldn't have been challenging.

I don't know how the packaging would work with GA-L, but I agree that hybrid-only LS would be about the only way this car gets competitive again. ~450hp, ~600lb-ft of torque, hybrid AWD, incredibly smooth, effortless power, probably 30 mpg... there is no downside.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
They should have done this for 2023 or 2024 IMO, but late would be better than never. The LS + concept is obviously a slightly restyled version of the 5LS so refreshing the production car to be similar shouldn't have been challenging.

I don't know how the packaging would work with GA-L, but I agree that hybrid-only LS would be about the only way this car gets competitive again. ~450hp, ~600lb-ft of torque, hybrid AWD, incredibly smooth, effortless power, probably 30 mpg... there is no downside.

they can make a standard LS with 3.4TT + direct4 motor with GA-L II
meanwhile making another full-size EV sharing parts and some designs together
basically Mercedes strategy (one pure EV and one gas or hybrid)

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Well some accounts say that some dealers believe 3 powertrains will be available phev, bev and fcev and if that is the case US may only get the later 2

Reactions

The Tundra motor with the TRD performance package already makes 469 horsepower, and that the V35A-FTS in the tundra is tuned to develop more torque. The hybrid for a passenger car tune would be much more powerful, and less torquey.

Heicho

Follower
Reactions
Since the Land Cruiser Se concept is based on TNGA-L platform could the next LS be a BEV on TNGA-L? Probably not but it remains an interesting thought nonetheless.