5th Generation (2018+) Lexus LS 500 & LS 500h Megathread

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Since the Land Cruiser Se concept is based on TNGA-L platform could the next LS be a BEV on TNGA-L? Probably not but it remains an interesting thought nonetheless.
If that is true, the Crown SUV would be better on that base, at least in terms of image.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
Get the LS now if you have an itch for a proper sedan, I'm sure the next one is going to be infested with ev/hybrid, and have a bunch of ambient lighting and 400 screens everywhere like the new s class.

Last edited by a moderator:

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
2024s are in (pulled from Lexus of Las Vegas)
2023 right below for comparison
a1bba85e49976d88deb89ba49b9db376.jpg

764141a63d108bd62e1b94650c0adb23.jpg

new MID
87ec0982a3b70957e05743a1e6b8c4e3.jpg

pacman1

Fan
Reactions
The whole brand is trying to copy others.
I don’t know what to think of Genesis as a brand. Sometimes it looks like they have momentum and other times they look like a dud. They want to desperately push up market but anyone that can pay 90K for a G90 is going to pay BMW or Mercedes instead because they have established prestige and pedigree. LS isn’t booming with sales but at least they’ve carved out a niche and words out that they are a reliable brand. It’s harder to flex with a Genesis.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
1000039872.jpg

Idk about y'all but I think the current G90 is stunning and much better looking than the LS. The LS to me look awkwardly stiff and tall in certain angles, whereas the G90 is long with classic but simple proportions.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
As far as I can remember this new G90 is winning all the comparative tests against the LS (tech, nvh, and the ride). I can see them replacing Lexus' position if they don't get their s**t together.

View attachment 8555

Idk about y'all but I think the current G90 is stunning and much better looking than the LS. The LS to me look awkwardly stiff and tall in certain angles, whereas the G90 is long with classic but simple proportions.

I actually like the look of the front half of the LS. It's the rear proportion that makes the car from a certain angle kind of bulky.

2017-Lexus-LS.jpg

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Watch the Icons episode on Genesis and G90. Jason Cammisa drove the G90 and the LS 500h back to back and was blown away by how much better the LS drove.

Better drivability does not translate to a better product overall. I don't love Genesis in particular but man the new G90 is objectively the better car in almost all areas, like hands down. Even Lexus sucker Kirk acknowledged it in his G90 review.

I'll link below for several other reviews too:
Luxury-Sedan Showdown: 2023 Genesis G90 vs. 2022 Lexus LS500 vs. 2022 Mercedes-Benz S500

Heicho

Follower
Reactions
Better drivability does not translate to a better product overall
But you think the gimmicks baked into the G90 that don't matter in day to day driving make it so? As a driver's car, drivability absolutely matters. But there's more to that. Jason had 3 major issues with the G90, 2 of them being the garbage chassis tuning and lacking powertrain. It barely beat the hybrid LS in a drag race.
the new G90 is objectively the better car in almost all areas
Not in the areas that matter. It doesn't even have wireless CarPlay or AA in 2023! The V35A and the 10AT have proven to be reliable over the years. Kirk had a check engine light pop up at 600 odd miles on the G90. The craftsmanship and build quality are light years ahead on the LS.
LSh.jpg
LSh2.jpg

The next LS, whether it goes hybrid V35A or fully electric, will put it in the dirt. I can't wait.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
But you think the gimmicks baked into the G90 that don't matter in day to day driving make it so? As a driver's car, drivability absolutely matters. But there's more to that. Jason had 3 major issues with the G90, 2 of them being the garbage chassis tuning and lacking powertrain. It barely beat the hybrid LS in a drag race.

Not in the areas that matter. It doesn't even have wireless CarPlay or AA in 2023! The V35A and the 10AT have proven to be reliable over the years. Kirk had a check engine light pop up at 600 odd miles on the G90. The craftsmanship and build quality are light years ahead on the LS.

The next LS, whether it goes hybrid V35A or fully electric, will put it in the dirt. I can't wait.

Talking about chassis tuning of the LS lol......

There are enough talks regarding suspension and ride tuning of the LS from this thread. I really wouldn't considered it to be the "strength" of this current gen LS.