LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
LX 570 vs LX 600

Outside of the tech upgrades, you could show this to non-Lexus enthusiasts and it'd be 70/30 thinking that the LX570 is the new or upgraded version. Especially the front grille. The new blacked-out grille looks like the Toyota Avalon on an SUV.

mikeavelli

Reactions
So the TX is going to be bigger than the LX ? Interesting ... I seem to recall reading somewhere that the TX will be coming in 2022.

My guess, the name “TX” is a good indication of size lol.

For those wondering about the LX wheelbase and size, this has been considered by engineers to be perfect for a large 4x4. The middle eastern market is crucial and the leader here so their thoughts were super important.

Reactions
My guess, the name “TX” is a good indication of size lol.

For those wondering about the LX wheelbase and size, this has been considered by engineers to be perfect for a large 4x4. The middle eastern market is crucial and the leader here so their thoughts were super important.

Have the dimensions, including cargo space been released? I wonder how they compare to the LX 570. They seem similar but I like how the 3rd row folds down flat.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I’m on the list for one of these, will likely go dark, I would be interested in getting the grill slats Color matched to the body.

This thing will only get better

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
This J300 LWB render looks more appropriate for a LX VIP. Looks much more spacious and not as stubby as the LX and not as bulky as the Sequoia. Actually it's more like the classic J76 Land Cruiser just larger and lower.

But it's not hard to see this thing will easily get stuck offroad with ~10cm of wheelbase stretch and very long rear overhang. It looks like it needs at least 4" of lift to go offroad. @krew @Gecko Do you have any information on how much ground clearance LX can get in the highest AHC setting?
J31.jpgJ32.jpg

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
@ssun30 , it's obvious the lines of the j300 is way clear than the rakish LX600, in the full-size all what you need is a clear lines, dare I say just as Range Rover Vogue and Rolls-Royce Cullinan, the j300 is near to that exterior and even interior with the largest screen among the 2, even Tundra had 14" screen instead of this infiniti wise interior!

Reactions
Here is a nice video of the LX600 that shows a bit more details of the exterior and interior. Shows the lights on at night. 👌

I don't like the two tone leather color of the interior. Not a good combination. It does not look like luxurious to me.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Aside from the amount of comedy (I assume) being spouted in here from burgeoning auto designers, see below.

8CA6BF23-C3D8-4FFC-9830-8924A0FC9FF6.jpeg

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
I don't know what that was supposed to mean at all @CRSKTN , but I'm just going to leave this here. This is what a £100k SUV looks like inside and out. The interior especially makes the LX look like a parts bin miss mash.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
I really like the new Range. New V-8 and a plug in I-6. Design wise a little plain, the rear is weird but this is distinctly RR. Interior is fantastic of course. Finally a 7 seat option,
Was just told starts at 105k and likely 200k loaded

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Sort of funny to me that he starts by calling it bold and then immediately following calls it evolutionary and traditional, referring to only the tail light design as "bold." 🤣

Anyway, I have generally been a fan of Range Rover design over the years, but this new one is fairly disappointing IMO. The exterior barely looks different even to the discerning eye, and the rear end looks like an unfinished concept or something to me. It’s quite plain. Interior is nice, as is the V8 option, but I think LX is overall more of a noticeable change and more appealing. No doubt both will have their buyers.

LX with a V8 would have been a great challenger to the Range Rover, Bentayga and others. Unfortunately for Lexus, power and power delivery are a big part of the ultra luxury experience and while a TTV6 will be fine for most, there is going to be a core group in this market who will not even consider it because of that.

Nice that they debuted it with the hybrid - Lexus should have done the same.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I don't know what that was supposed to mean at all @CRSKTN , but I'm just going to leave this here. This is what a £100k SUV looks like inside and out. The interior especially makes the LX look like a parts bin miss mash.

i like the back seats in 4 seater version, that table is nice touch... but front interior is nothing special - looks like many jag failed interiors but with some cool knobs occasionally. Also LWB version has some crazy long overhangs, looks weird.

Compared to where they were in 2010, Range Rover went one step backwards and LX went two steps forward. Current Range Rover was worlds above anything else on the market by far.