4th Generation 2024 Toyota Tacoma Thread (iForce Max Pricing Announced)

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
There’s no excuse about the A25A hybrid. The current 2.7L can tow 3,500lbs. That’s what a Highlander hybrid tows. So the very least it matches its current with 3,500lbs with the Highlander. More likely we can see 4,000lbs from the A25A THS.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions

Independence Overland then created a pinned comment yesterday that says the following:

"UPDATES! Latest info from various sources since posting this video. "2TR-FE 2.7L I4, 2GR 3.5, A25A 2.5L, and T24A 2.4T are confirmed for production" "The 3.5L V6, is a definite yes and carryover from the 2023 truck" "The range topping Tacoma TRD Pro will have 240 KW and 630 NM, aka 326 hp and 465 lb-ft".

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Us in North America will get A25A, T24A. Outside of North America 2TR-FE is a possibility, but 2GR is a big ? for outside markets

GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions
so the old guy sitting over the slop is looking down to the youngster wondering ...hmmmmm, who's da boss here

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Been thinking about picking up a current gen Tacoma so I was hoping the new one might be a little further into the year before it’s revealed. Oh well 😳

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Why? don't like the GX that much? Don't like the new 2.4T Max as much as the 3.5 V6?

I plan to replace my GX with the new Taco 2.4T Max.

Love the GX and getting sick of beating it up with plant nursery and Home Depot runs o_O. I bought a new house last year and it's going to be 2-3 years of renovation and work, and I really don't want to trash up a $70k GX with that duty.

As for buying a current gen Tacoma vs. waiting for a new one, my .02 is this: Tundra reliability has been a nightmare and I think Toyota has some work to do with lining up the right suppliers for parts on Toyota models compared to Lexus ones: think LX 600/LS 500 both use the V35A-FTS but have had none of the problems that the Tundra has experienced due largely to parts suppliers and different manufacturing/testing standards. The 2.4T seems to have been good in the NX over the last year, but it just went into the RX and Highlander, so we don't have a lot of data for Toyota applications of that engine yet. Tacoma/truck tune of the engine is going to be different from what the NX, RX or Highlander have, and I'm just weary of the reliability after what we've seen with the Tundra.

Second thing is that Toyota is going a bit wild with the pricing on BOF models because they know they can get it in this market. Tundra went from being a $50-60k truck to most transaction prices now being ~$65k. Sequoia is similar, and from what I'm hearing, 4Runner, GX, Land Cruiser and Tacoma are going to climb the pricing latter pretty significantly as well. I'm down to buy a Tacoma as a third car at a $40k price point, but not a $50k price point.

A "500h" or iForce Max Tacoma sounds awesome in theory, but it also sounds like a brand new powertrain in a brand new platform and a $55k+ truck which is a lot more than I want to spend on a workhorse.

GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions
Had a 2012 Taco DCLB Sport with a mild lift and LOVED it. Kept it for 4 year ~68k miles. Got fooled by the big ass 5.7L V8 Tundra Limited Crewmax so I traded it in. Sold the Tundra in 4 months for a Lexus but always wanted/needed a truck so I bought a trailer just to use it 5-8 times a year. I don't like the Engine/Trans combo in the current Taco so hopefully by 2025 the new Taco with the 2.4T Max would be a good replacement for my GX which just turned 75k miles this morning (the longest vehicle I've kept)

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I don't like the Engine/Trans combo in the current Taco so hopefully by 2025 the new Taco with the 2.4T Max would be a good replacement for my GX which just turned 75k miles this morning (the longest vehicle I've kept)

Good call on the engine/trans in the current gen Tacoma - it's been hit or miss from the start. What was yours like?

Back when I had 4Runners, I had a few Tacoma loaners and some of them were great, and some of them were horrible (lazy, inconsistent shifting or shifting way too hard way too fast).

Let's see how this one goes :oops:...haha.

With the new Tacoma being shown next week and current shortages, I'm actually a little concerned with them being able to fulfill my order as I was quoted 8-12 weeks. If they can't, I'll probably just hold off for a little while to see what the early reviews are like on the new one (and what the pricing ends up being like).

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Which spec did you go with? Limited, TRDP, or did you go with the Orkin Man?
View attachment 6880
Limited 4x4
Magnetic Gray
Hickory leather

I was back and forth between TRD Off-Road and Limited, but ultimately chose Limited because it came out to be about $2k less expensive when similarly equipped. Adding the "Advanced Technology package" to the TRD Off Road -- to equip it similarly to the Limited - ultimately makes it a bit more expensive. The Limited has those features standard.

b.ba

Fan
Reactions
Per Carmaker1:

"And to keep a very tight narrative here, I must reiterate the Tacoma engine lineup to my knowledge. I really don't want anything being taken out of context and misinterpreted elsewhere.

2TR-FE 2.7L - Base
2GR-FKS 3.5L - Optional (Single source claims std 6MT)
A25A-FXS 2.5L - Optional on Mid-high level (TRD, etc)
T24A-FTS 2.4T HM (TRD Pro ONLY)

I do not know nor will my questions be answered, in terms of whether 2.4T will be accompanied by A25A-FXS 2.5 or a GR V6 in either new 2GR or 1GR-FE continuation."

from: https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3787228-post637.html

"I will note here that, the new Tacoma will be revealed in some 6 weeks time, once the stage for the Grand Highlander dims a bit.

Over the past 4 years I've put in a lot of effort to keep people informed on this truck, despite my position. I don't think it really counts for much at this point and I'm moving on, especially since it will be out soon.

The week of April 3, 2023 is what I learned on February 14th. If I am wrong for some weird reason and last minute change of plans, well not my issue going forward. I only can pass on information I am aware of, not predict if Toyota will change venue or dates."

from: https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/thre...ering-production-availability.1226/post-21541

It seems Toyota wants to keep a clear hierarchy between the Tacoma/Tundra. I hope the complaints from the current generation have been addressed with updated tuning but we'll see soon at least.
According to a correction by Carmaker1 this powertrain lineup isn't what's coming (thankfully)

Brandon B

Fan
Reactions
US powertrain lineup is pretty simple and not hard to figure out. A 1-2 punch, so to speak 😁
Agreed. Turbo 4 and turbo 4 hybrid. I hope they don’t just put the hybrid max into the TRD models but offer it on the upper trims (limited for example). Same goes for the new 4Runner.