Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
My enthusiasm for the MY24 GX Overtrail has slowly waned with the markups. Just so many small things they really should fix for the price they're charging. Now seeing the NX Overtrail for Japan, the wood on the door is 🤌. Put that in the MY25 GX with Palamino please. Add digital rear view and a performance package for the engine--all small issues solved for me. 4 zone climate would be great but I'll live.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
My enthusiasm for the MY24 GX Overtrail has slowly waned with the markups. Just so many small things they really should fix for the price they're charging. Now seeing the NX Overtrail for Japan, the wood on the door is 🤌. Put that in the MY25 GX with Palamino please. Add digital rear view and a performance package for the engine--all small issues solved for me. 4 zone climate would be great but I'll live.
I noticed that wood trim on the NX too. It looked good.

The Overtrail doesn’t even have three zone climate controls. The LC250 and other GX trims have it, but for some reason, Lexus removed it from the Overtrail. Cost cutting is the only reason I can think of. That, and the lack of interior colors, are my biggest gripes with the GX. Otherwise, I love it.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Some weirdness with the GX 550h trunk space, similar to the Sequoia:

wechatimg76-jpeg.473

More here: https://www.lexusgxforum.com/threads/gx550h-hybrid-trunk-space-is-mind-boggling.188/

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
It’s interesting to see two different floors for the LC250 and GX550h. The LC250 has the raised floor for the battery too, except it is flat all the way across with storage bins on the sides and in front of the hatch. I actually like the LC250 solution better. More enclosed storage, the better.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
It’s interesting to see two different floors for the LC250 and GX550h. The LC250 has the raised floor for the battery too, except it is flat all the way across with storage bins on the sides and in front of the hatch. I actually like the LC250 solution better. More enclosed storage, the better.
I think the Land Cruiser does have that exact same floor. It just has a slip in panels and risers that fill in the gap around the perimeter.

1709745147281.png

1709745339451.png

jphcbpa

Fan
Reactions
Dealer texted saying the were "preferencing" my requested trim OT+ and color incognito and hope they can secure the allocation next week.
follow up - I did not get my preference of incognito on the OT+. They only received 2 allocations - Earth and Nori Green. Wait another couple of weeks for next round...

Motor

Expert
Reactions

GOOD STUFF​

Clean and modern exterior, neatly assembled interior, punchy and responsive

BAD STUFF​

Painfully small third row, performance falls short of sporty, all the good bits are top-trim exclusives

There are a number of affluent off-roaders peddling their services as a luxury off-roader that the GX will contend with. The Defender 110 is certainly up there in terms of style and actual terrain traversal ability. On the street, BMW’s X5would be the sportier choice. There is also Mercedes’ GLE, though we’d sooner walk than even think to take that off the pavement. There’s still much to learn about the Lexus GX’s staying power, but if previous generations are anything to go by, it might win out in rivalries just by outliving the rest.

Kelvin2020

Follower
Reactions
F6BF13F5-360A-4297-BD7F-47CEA038FE32.jpeg
Pros: Punchy and responsive
Cons: Performance falls short of sporty
In the content “The turbocharged engine is snappy and engaging”

Punchy and responsive then performance fall short of sporty WTF is this mean???? So confused

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
View attachment 8787
Pros: Punchy and responsive
Cons: Performance falls short of sporty
In the content “The turbocharged engine is snappy and engaging”

Punchy and responsive then performance fall short of sporty WTF is this mean???? So confused
Handling. It is still a BOF SUV with a solid rear axle. Only so much you can do with on road handling at that starting point.

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
They forgot to add a negative; Lexus dealers playing the adm game.

Going for $15k-80k over sticker.
Norcal dealer is auctioning their allocations, while east coast dealers are doing markup plus dealer service fee (separate doc fee).