sl0519

Follower
Reactions
One great thing about the 2024 GX is the gauges. Unlike the RX or RZ the entire screen is used. Makes all the difference.

2024 Lexus GX 550 Driver Mode Select | Digital Gauge Images

I like the graphics of drive mode select but not the oil temp / fuel meter

guy80

Fan
Reactions
Got a call from my dealer today saying delivery expected Q1 2024 and they are told a test drive model will arrive late December this year.

I'll be curious to test drive and wondering about on road handling of the adaptive vs regular suspension - also a couple neighbors have GX460's with air suspension and I want to A/B with theirs if I can.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Got a call from my dealer today saying delivery expected Q1 2024 and they are told a test drive model will arrive late December this year.

I'll be curious to test drive and wondering about on road handling of the adaptive vs regular suspension - also a couple neighbors have GX460's with air suspension and I want to A/B with theirs if I can.

If it helps, I drove GX 460 Premium, Premium Plus and Luxury back to back to back multiple times and really didn't notice much difference between the ride and handling at all. I think the Luxury is probably a little softer, but that is offset by the larger wheels and smaller sidewall, and the Premium/Premium Plus have smaller wheels with more sidewall, which lends a squishier ride. I think the net impact of each is extremely similar.

I bought the Luxury because I wanted real leather, Mark Levinson audio, and liked the wheels more. Even the Sport-Normal-Comfort suspension settings are barely noticeable.

I think the big difference with the AVS is with towing or off roading and being able to raise/lower the suspension.

All of that is GX 460-related, so just not sure about the 550, but happy to share if it gives you something to think about.

guy80

Fan
Reactions
If it helps, I drove GX 460 Premium, Premium Plus and Luxury back to back to back multiple times and really didn't notice much difference between the ride and handling at all. I think the Luxury is probably a little softer, but that is offset by the larger wheels and smaller sidewall, and the Premium/Premium Plus have smaller wheels with more sidewall, which lends a squishier ride. I think the net impact of each is extremely similar.

I bought the Luxury because I wanted real leather, Mark Levinson audio, and liked the wheels more. Even the Sport-Normal-Comfort suspension settings are barely noticeable.

I think the big difference with the AVS is with towing or off roading and being able to raise/lower the suspension.

All of that is GX 460-related, so just not sure about the 550, but happy to share if it gives you something to think about.
Absolutely helpful.

pacman1

Fan
Reactions

^Probably the best one yet with tons of information. The new GX is starting to feel like both Lexus' flagship and halo vehicle 👀.
Had the exact same thoughts. Which begs the question: where does this leave the LX? You could not ignore this seeing LX and new GX side by side at the auto show. The LX interior was outdated, didn’t have the latest OS.

I am really hoping they have a HEAVY refresh mid-gen. It’s not the treatment you would expect at the LX level.