CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

What I learned from the test drive of Japan's first new model "Lexus GX"!! You won't be able to say "Lexus version of the Prado" anymore... An SUV sports car with serious specifications both on and off duty.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Is this the first time Hapan

I saw one today where a GX460 owner rants why he won’t get a new GX and im
watching like “dude you don’t even buy new clothes”. Like you are not buying ANYTHING new. So hush. But you know views lol

Thing is... as things change, miles run up, cars break down or get totaled... everyone is going to have to return to the car market at some point. Everybody talking smack will have their day, me included lol. I just hope they improve the interior by the time I need one, because then I'll be in for sure. I love how it looks!

"You mad? Stay mad!" 🤣

mikeavelli

Reactions
Like I totally understand your reasoning and you are the targets. But you love the V-8 and made that choice. Meanwhile Chauncey with the GX470 with 400,000 miles is screaming how the GX 550 is trash and a waste of money.

Rigggghhhtttt

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
If you want wood and parlor room couch leather theres 30 years of used cars, luxury and not that offer that.
If you can get wood interior on a 20k used luxury benz, you want new luxury to be something distinct.

GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions
10-15 years ago a $50k car is expensive. It had most of the options - real woods, leather, soft touches everywhere. You can't just ask for those anymore in the 50-60k range. Everything gets more expensive people and you need to ride with it. In 2006 I bought my 1st Lexus at 40k and it was NICE. In today market, I feel like I need to spend in the 70-80k to get something that is "Nice".

Yes, I love to have real wood / real leather in the Luxury/Luxury+ but regardless I'll get the new GX anyway.

RAL

Reactions
My sister has driven nothing but GX's for 20 years ... she loves this new one and is ready to trade her '22 ... but the first thing she asked me was: "where's the wood?" ....... hmmm.
kinda reminds me of the old commercial "Where's the beef?" ... most of you are too young to remember ... ha!

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
As far as the GX goes, I think there are two things that really stand out to me as cost cutting. First is the lack of interior colors. I know there’s different color seat inserts, but I’d love different colors for the dash. The LC has different colors, so why can’t the GX? Second is the lack of rear climate controls on Overtrail and Overtrail + models. The LC is only two row and has rear seat climate controls, so why did Lexus remove the rear climate controls on the Overtrail?

I still absolutely love the exterior of the GX though.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
It may not be what I'd like to see, but i also have to think they put a lot of work into determining what people actually want.

Hopefully we get inspiration series GX models in the future for people.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
It could be not a lot of people like wood in cars, (like not a lot of people like small phones), but the minority is very vocal. I personally have never been much into any "trim", be it wood, metal, cf. A car interior for me is plastic, or plastic wrapped in leather. It is not the added trim that makes an interior good, but the design, layout, quality of materials (cheap vs solid plastic), fit and finish.

The LC, without "trim" has the best most luxurious modern looking interior.

guy80

Fan
Reactions
As far as the GX goes, I think there are two things that really stand out to me as cost cutting. First is the lack of interior colors. I know there’s different color seat inserts, but I’d love different colors for the dash. The LC has different colors, so why can’t the GX? Second is the lack of rear climate controls on Overtrail and Overtrail + models. The LC is only two row and has rear seat climate controls, so why did Lexus remove the rear climate controls on the Overtrail?

I still absolutely love the exterior of the GX though.
I think Lexus is in a weird place with the GX and LX. Perhaps if the LX had LS interior and GX allowed more Lux spec with Overtrail suspension I could forgive the lack of interior color (never been a black interior fan without at least contrast stitching)

Reactions
Meanwhile Chauncey with the GX470 with 400,000 miles is screaming how the GX 550 is trash and a waste of money.
1695667271602-png.8025