UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
They no longer slide on the 300/310.
So it wouldn't be a surprise if the same applies to the 250/252.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
Guys,
Do we know the weight of the GX550 in comparison to 460, or nothing yet?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Good look at the vehicles, I'm convinced even more on the GX now especially with the top lux spec.

That said shocked at how little homework they do before looking at the vehicles.

Reactions
what is interesting (to me) is how barebones the 55k land cruiser is. It seems like the base GX will be closer to 70 and top out at 85.

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
I like both but wondering which will age better.
The LC or the GX?
I feel like the lights/grille of the LC are timeless but the GX lights may go out fashion in a few years when the next trend comes along?

I feel the LC will age really well in the sense it already looks retro now so when it gets old it will look the part very well.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAL

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
The LC is *too* retro for me. It looks like a restomod of an actual 50 year old LC, not a new car on sale in 2023.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I'm inclined to agree with you Ian.. it's not properly modern retro like the FJ Cruiser and kinda feels dated to me. The GX looks so much better.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Those “baloon” tires ares specific to ME market? What are they, road+sand tires?

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
Those “baloon” tires ares specific to ME market? What are they, road+sand tires?
Originally that came with 17 inch steel wheels and Dunlop tires

IMG-20230524-WA0051.jpg

The owner replaced them with 17 inch braid wheels and maxxis sand tires.
Balloon tires are very popular here. They originate from the early days of big trucks and are bias ply.
Not good on the road but in sandy deserts it is a great tire and can handle alot of cuts and bruises off road without issues. However you need to make sure you get a good quality one like Maxxis desert maxx. Still would be bad on the road but super durable off road. They are also really comfortable off road and are priced cheaper than your run of the mill A/T tire

Steelies are also a very popular choice. People actually use these offroad here.
IMG_20230831_200854.jpg

Last edited:

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
You should’ve shown the 3 lockers. Best thing about it. It also only comes in the 1GR.
Yes the triple lockers are amazing.

Honestly was surprised to see the front locker listed in the specs 2 years ago when they first launched the 300. I initially thought it was a mistake but luckily it wasn't.

As far as I know other than the Some select LC300s and LC70s
No other TNGA-F Toyota product currently in has a front locker as an option.

The JDM "offroad package LX" also has them!