guy80

Fan
Reactions
rear flexed good, front was default any SUV
gotta love those fake offroad demonstrations

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Not a fan of the pickup GX. Wheelbase is too short. If Lexus were to lengthen the wheelbase, a pickup might actually sell fairly well. Then they could also sell a LWB GX to compete with the Defender 130. I think a LWB GX would be pretty popular.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
Guys, few questions. Based on some info and experience when do you think shipments to dealers in US will begin? also how much lighter is the new GX. Thanks.

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
I'd be surprised if it lost weight. With the LC300 debut they made sure to talk about the weight loss but I don't recall anything being mentioned when they unveiled the new GX.

It has an aluminium hood but that's about it. The LC300/LX use more aluminium in the body.
Actually, I just remembered it also has the new frame welding technique used in the lc300/LX which also should help with the weight loss.
It's bigger though than the old GX so maybe that balances out the weight and keeps it similar. We won't know for sure till we see the full specs.

Last edited:

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
One of the YouTubers was saying it’s 350 pounds less than the old GX, but I don’t know how accurate that info is.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I was wondering about weight loss as well since the Tundra, Land Cruiser and LX all dropped weight with the move to GA-F. It feels like if there was a good story to tell there, Lexus would have told it? But maybe it'll come later with the release materials before it goes on sale.

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
One of the YouTubers was saying it’s 350 pounds less than the old GX, but I don’t know how accurate that info is.
Wow.
That would be pretty impressive if confirmed. When you consider it actually grew in size.
LC300 lost slightly abit more weight vs its predecessor (around 200kg) I think but it also uses more aluminum panels vs the GX550.

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
Kirk mentioned that he was hearing that media drives for the GX would be in January, which is a little strange. I thought this thing would be on sale by December.

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
Guys, few questions. Based on some info and experience when do you think shipments to dealers in US will begin? also how much lighter is the new GX. Thanks.

I would probably guess shipments should begin sometime in the first quarter of 2024.

Reactions
Kirk mentioned that he was hearing that media drives for the GX would be in January, which is a little strange. I thought this thing would be on sale by December.
I think they've always said it was on sale in Q1 2024. Lexus just got cheap and combined the reveal early with the TX.

jphcbpa

Fan
Reactions
My dealer told me SOP is December

Carmaker1 initially indicated SOP was October and then he shared that has been pushed back. So Dec lines up thus far.