mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
I'd say so. The overall shape is clearly there even with the body colored piece at the bottom. It's much more "old Lexus" than the LBX or TX, but certainly an evolved spindle.

2024-lexus-gx-overtrail-013-64821647a99ea.jpg

vs.

2024-lbx-lexus-6tw6yassssu0hb6gmvv7r79.jpeg

lexus-tx-500h-2024-04-exterior-front-scaled.jpg

All I see is a Lexus and two cute Toyotas

:p

Reactions
Has Lexus expressly stated that the future GX hybrid will be available only in a 2.4-liter? Or, is it possible that the future hybrid announcement could include BOTH a 2.4-liter hybrid option and a second, larger hybrid (like a 3.5-liter)?

The reason I ask is because the pre-order guide for the 2024 Lexus TX highlights both a 2.4-liter hybrid (i.e., the "TX 500h F Sport Performance" model), as well as a 3.5-liter hybrid (the "TX 550h+ Luxury" model).

In a new video review of the GX this morning, Kirk Kreifels was questioning why the GX isn't being offered in either an F Sport model or in a 3.5-liter hybrid. Yet, I found myself wondering whether we actually know, for certain, that there will be neither an F Sport nor a 3.5-liter hybrid in the GX line.

The recent Lexus GX press release reference to a "hybrid powertrain to come later" phraseology seems to provide Lexus some latitude to announce more than one hybrid option.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
If the GX550h were to materialize, it could be the 3.5 V6 mated to either the Tundra hybrid 10 speed or the Tacoma hybrid 8 speed. I’m not sure we will see that though. The TX 550h benefits from having an eCVT and three electric motors. In the GX, I don’t know that a 3.5 V6 with a single electric motor would be significantly better, if at all, than the 2.4T. Perhaps a 3.5 V6 with the multistage transmission from the LC/LS500h would be the way to go, but then we’re at three totally different drivetrains in the GX, and I think that’s probably unlikely.

Reactions
Has Lexus expressly stated that the future GX hybrid will be available only in a 2.4-liter? Or, is it possible that the future hybrid announcement could include BOTH a 2.4-liter hybrid option and a second, larger hybrid (like a 3.5-liter)?

The reason I ask is because the pre-order guide for the 2024 Lexus TX highlights both a 2.4-liter hybrid (i.e., the "TX 500h F Sport Performance" model), as well as a 3.5-liter hybrid (the "TX 550h+ Luxury" model).

In a new video review of the GX this morning, Kirk Kreifels was questioning why the GX isn't being offered in either an F Sport model or in a 3.5-liter hybrid. Yet, I found myself wondering whether we actually know, for certain, that there will be neither an F Sport nor a 3.5-liter hybrid in the GX line.

The recent Lexus GX press release reference to a "hybrid powertrain to come later" phraseology seems to provide Lexus some latitude to announce more than one hybrid option.

This is the global press release, https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/lexus/39264002.html. They do say

"A potent 3.5L V6 twin-turbocharged engine delivers impressive output and torque, along with class-leading towing capabilities. A 2.4L turbo-hybrid variant, a Lexus first for a body-on-frame vehicle, provides exceptional fuel efficiency without compromising on power output."

They can always have different versions in different regions of course, but in this case, I just think it is a low probability to offer something different, just a feeling. My dealership mentioned a possible GX 500h rather than 550h but no confirmation and it would possibly be launched later 2024.

I would have gone with the hybrid TTV6 myself but now I am not sure if it is between TTV6 and 2.4 I4 hybrid which I would go for. I assume the non-hybrid would be more fun to drive but its low mpg is an issue for me.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
From that other Lexus forum, but here is some info on standard features.
  • Power tilt/telescope steering wheel requires Premium+ or Overtrail+ (this was standard in 2003 - why not now?)
  • Memory system for mirrors/driver's seat/steering wheel again requires Premium+ or Overtrail+ (this was standard in 2003 - why not now?)
  • Adaptive Variable Suspension only in Luxury+ or Overtrail.
  • LED fogs as mentioned are Premium+... Premium would have Halogen?
  • 4 way adjustable headrests are Luxury or Overtrail+
  • Wireless phone charger is Premium+ or Overtrail+
  • Intuitive Parking Assist in Premium+
  • E-KDSS is locked to Overtrail, proving that Lexus seems to have forgotten how their own systems even perform. KDSS makes the truck SO much better on and off road that it should be available across the line.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
forgotten how their own systems even perform
😬 also remembered economics

Lets not forget there is always that fine toyota bottom line sensibility.

Not that i dont want them doing better

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Memory seats ought to be standard on every Lexus vehicles. That’s like a basic luxury feature. Embarrassing if they aren’t.

Reactions
  • Power tilt/telescope steering wheel requires Premium+ or Overtrail+ (this was standard in 2003 - why not now?)
  • Memory system for mirrors/driver's seat/steering wheel again requires Premium+ or Overtrail+ (this was standard in 2003 - why not now?)
  • E-KDSS is locked to Overtrail, proving that Lexus seems to have forgotten how their own systems even perform. KDSS makes the truck SO much better on and off road that it should be available across the line.
I think Premium has NO fogs; if you look at the Premium trim pics/vids from the launch event, the housing where the fogs should be are not see through at all.

Reactions
Idk. This seems disappointing. Some of these should be standard. People looking into the GX will have a hard time debating between the GX and Landcruiser. Then they can realize they can have a fully optioned out new gen 4runner with spare change. Lexus is cannibalizing the GX