Reactions
The only NA is the 4Runner

GX / Prado are international for their own different categories

4Runner for NA
Fortuner for everywhere except Europe / NA and part of SA

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
Just spoke with my dealer and gave deposit for Luxury + package :D . Unfortunately will have to wait at least until next year to get the GX :confused:

Last edited:

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
20230612_173139.jpg20230612_173515.jpg20230612_173211.jpg

Interior quality was significantly nicer than the pictures suggest, a lot of soft touch areas, with the main hard plastic being the lower center console between the seats basically.

Exterior is gorgeous, cannot wait to see this in the LC500's Nori Green colour. Would like some wood trim options too.

Reactions
View attachment 7462View attachment 7463View attachment 7464

Interior quality was significantly nicer than the pictures suggest, a lot of soft touch areas, with the main hard plastic being the lower center console between the seats basically.

Exterior is gorgeous, cannot wait to see this in the LC500's Nori Green colour. Would like some wood trim options too.
Thanks for the pics. Any comments on 2nd row legroom?

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Didn't spend a ton of time there, but, it seemed fine? The floor seemed a bit high that was the only concern, but it was decent.

Reactions
Many have noted the GX550 width of 83.22" does not make sense as that would mean it is wider than all other models. When you consider this is intended for offroad, again, the width did not make any sense. After some digging I discovered what I believe is a mistake in the Toyota press releases, in the US press release it states the width is 83.22" and in the World press release it states the width is 1,980mm (which is 77.9"). They are the same vehicle so therefore one spec has to be incorrect.

I made the below drawing to calculate the actual dimensions by backing into the true width by using the published Tread/Track width from the press release plus the 265/70R18 tire width for the Overtrail model. I then estimated the flare extension in order to back into the correct overall width dimension. Since the mirrors sit inboard of the fender flares, they are not part of the equation.

You can see from my drawing below I believe the:
CORRECT width dimension is 77.9" width from the World press release and the,
INCORRECT width dimension is 83.22" width from the US press release.

Fellow engineers and data diggers, please double check my figures and post any other calculations you have.

1686666380272.png

guy80

Fan
Reactions
technically they're already too wide for trail use - although Tundra wide is "next level" of too wide

I've offroading my 4runner for 15yrs in Colorado

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
technically they're already too wide for trail use - although Tundra wide is "next level" of too wide

I've offroading my 4runner for 15yrs in Colorado
The LC will probably not share all bodywork with the GX. I'd expect maybe canopy and glass. That leaves a lot of room for them (and owners) to change the body width with plastic overfenders like Wrangler and Bronco.

Unfortunately, off roaders in the modern age have to be big enough for a family to have wide enough appeal to meet sales targets. I'd love to see Suzuki to bring a stripped out Jimny as an SxS.

I wonder how much backlash the LC (US) will get for not being the "real" 300 series LC. IMO, since platforms are the same, I don't have any beef with them calling it the Land Cruiser here, especially if it has a smaller body and effectively the same or better off road capability.

Last edited: