Trob20

Fan
Reactions
Hey @mikeavelli

gxp7029-jpg.7393

What exactly is the door insert material? It's green or orange in the pics based on seating color, but I can't tell what it is exactly. Just a vinyl color insert?
Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 11.41.25 AM.png
Found this youtube video with some b-roll of the interior. Looks like it's perforated leather with a green/organge insert behind.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Wonder how the GX550 compared to Prado/4Runner IFORCEMAX
GX550: 350HP & 480LB-FT
PRADO/4R: 325HP & 465LB-FT
These are really similar numbers here and will be interesting for customers to choose. On the Toyota side you get almost same power but way better fuel economy, acceleration could be the same between the 2 also.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I’m sorry, but RX and sporty really aren’t what Lexus is doing with the RX. Even the 500h according to recent reviews is not up to the sportiness of the Germans

The RX 500h is the real deal. Note the issue is tires and most don’t with the Michelin Pilot Sports. Makes a world of difference. No it isn’t as fast as a X5 M sport I-6 let alone V8. A stock X5 drives like an old RX. it’s that fluffy today.

Reactions
The RX 500h is the real deal. Note the issue is tires and most don’t with the Michelin Pilot Sports. Makes a world of difference. No it isn’t as fast as a X5 M sport I-6 let alone V8. A stock X5 drives like an old RX. it’s that fluffy today.

if my dealer has one next time I bring my car in for service I should test drive it and see for myself. All I go off of are the reviews posted online

mikeavelli

Reactions
The **** i’m reading from a ton of GX 460 owners reminds me of the IS F folks hating on the IS 500. I’ve read way to much dumb crap the last two days.

About to log off for a few….

Edit- no one here.. it’s everywhere else.. wild lol

Last edited:
Reactions
Thanks for the post, looking at the photos they were having lunch at the Great Greek Mediterranean Grill in The Colony, just a few minutes west of the Plano Headquarters. I live 30 minutes north of the Plano Headquarters and I have yet to see any new model prototypes or even camo wrapped ones running around my area.

Trob20

Fan
Reactions

From the article:

"With modifications, that's something that was considered during the original structural development of the [GA-F platform]," said Lexus Chief Engineer Koji Tsukaski. "You're going to start seeing different technologies, plug-in hybrids, going also into battery EVs. So the use cases might require certain modifications to [the ladder platform], but it was considered and the base design does account for the possible use [as a BEV.]”

Reactions
Thanks for the post, looking at the photos they were having lunch at the Great Greek Mediterranean Grill in The Colony, just a few minutes west of the Plano Headquarters. I live 30 minutes north of the Plano Headquarters and I have yet to see any new model prototypes or even camo wrapped ones running around my area.

in time, I saw some sequioas running around before release when I was visiting my parents last year. They live almost down the street from Toyota HQ... I'm actually driving up on Tuesday maybe ill swing by to see if they have any parked out front still

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I noted it in the TX thread, but I realized that the GX does not offer an F SPORT trim, package or model which seems kind of odd to me?

LX F SPORT has been extremely popular, and while I realize an F SPORT GX might seem out of character, look at all of the AMG G Wagons and the general popularity of on-road versions of off-road SUVs (Range Rover comes to mind). The Luxury trim with 22" wheels might be similar, but it feels like not having an F SPORT GX is kind of a miss to me.

Also surprised to not see a red interior option with how popular it has been on the current gen.

The number of people who have texted me wanting a new GX is wild and I've read stories that dealers have been overwhelmed with reservations this weekend. Slam dunk launch for Lexus, I'd say.

I've been thinking about this and considering the state of the market, the price point and the product, I think the new GX is going to be one of their most critical products ever for brand image and halo appeal. The only other one that rings similarly in recent memory is the LC, which is a proper flagship product.

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
I noted it in the TX thread, but I realized that the GX does not offer an F SPORT trim, package or model which seems kind of odd to me?

LX F SPORT has been extremely popular, and while I realize an F SPORT GX might seem out of character, look at all of the AMG G Wagons and the general popularity of on-road versions of off-road SUVs (Range Rover comes to mind). The Luxury trim with 22" wheels might be similar, but it feels like not having an F SPORT GX is kind of a miss to me.

Also surprised to not see a red interior option with how popular it has been on the current gen.

The number of people who have texted me wanting a new GX is wild and I've read stories that dealers have been overwhelmed with reservations this weekend. Slam dunk launch for Lexus, I'd say.

I've been thinking about this and considering the state of the market, the price point and the product, I think the new GX is going to be one of their most critical products ever for brand image and halo appeal. The only other one that rings similarly in recent memory is the LC, which is a proper flagship product.
Was just thinking this earlier. Only the LC, GX, and RZ don't have an F SPORT trim currently. The GX even flirted with the sport edition for a few years IIRC.
Also surprised there's no red interior option. I'd like a Stratus Grey, personally.

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
Also one more thing to note,
the LX 600 in Japan has a version with front and rear diff locks ( in addition to the standard CDL) so triple locked 600.
Even the most off road oriented GX doesn't have a front locker.

BUT like the GR SPORT LC300, the OVER TRAIL GX does have E-KDSS which makes sense because going back I think the first ever introduction of KDSS in a Toyota/Lexus was on the GX470.

No version of the LX has E-KDSS instead you get the active height control.

Does any version of the new GX offer a height control option like the LX?

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
How long will it be for display there? I'd love to check it out in person

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
It was a private event and they are being loaded up tonight from my understanding
Aw rip. I remember one Lexus was being showcased there for a week or a few weeks when it was revealed last year, I think it was the Electrified Sport.

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
I won't lie, at first I didn't like it much but now I am jealous we won't be getting this in the Middle East.
Yes, we will probably get a Toyota version but this Lexus version would have done so well. This would have been perfect for the GCC countries, we love boxy big luxury 4wd vehicles.

Where I live currently the most common vehicles on the road are the LC300/LC200/Lexus LX. The Land Rover Defender is also very common on the roads and so are many other luxury 4wd vehicles. Not having this being sold is such a shame, I reckon it would have been a strong seller.
I think they worry if they sell it, it would be priced more than a Toyota LC300, but honestly I think they can both co-exist.

We currently get the GX460 but that didn't really do well here but the GX550 would have been an instant sales hit. Easily would have been the second best selling market for it after the US....Oh well, maybe they will reconsider.