mikeavelli

Reactions
Aw rip. I remember one Lexus was being showcased there for a week or a few weeks when it was revealed last year, I think it was the Electrified Sport.

Oh it will be back.. not that many in the states now

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Who confirmed to you that GX550 won't be available in GCC?
I won't lie, at first I didn't like it much but now I am jealous we won't be getting this in the Middle East.
Yes, we will probably get a Toyota version but this Lexus version would have done so well. This would have been perfect for the GCC countries, we love boxy big luxury 4wd vehicles.

Where I live currently the most common vehicles on the road are the LC300/LC200/Lexus LX. The Land Rover Defender is also very common on the roads and so are many other luxury 4wd vehicles. Not having this being sold is such a shame, I reckon it would have been a strong seller.
I think they worry if they sell it, it would be priced more than a Toyota LC300, but honestly I think they can both co-exist.

We currently get the GX460 but that didn't really do well here but the GX550 would have been an instant sales hit. Easily would have been the second best selling market for it after the US....Oh well, maybe they will reconsider.

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
It’s perspective. If someone sees the GX as a bargain G Wagon then it punches way above its class. Instantly a waiting list ballooned after its release. There isn’t really anything in this segment like a GX unless you jump to Jeep.

The TX seems to be the less liked car here and I get it. But most of us also are not the target and people clamoring for a 7 seat larger Lexus will be fine.

They did sell the RX L lol

Always appreciate your perspective, whether you disagree with my less-informed thoughts or not. Also appreciate your mostly unbiased opinions on Lexus and other vehicles. You're a stud.

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
Who confirmed to you that GX550 won't be available in GCC?
I have heard from a few people and I know lots of people have been calling dealerships and getting the same response.
I really wish this is wrong info.
The GX created a huge buzz in the GCC countries so its been the main topic of the car world here over the past few days.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I have heard from a few people and I know lots of people have been calling dealerships and getting the same response.
The GX created a huge buzz in the GCC countries so its been the main topic of the car world here over the past few days.
From what I heard 2 or 3 years ago , I even posted it here that there will be international market G wagon competitor

I posted it in the LC300 thread thought it might be the LC300

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
If you missed that the 2024 TX and GX will be at Fashion Island until Tuesday night for public viewing!!

Fashion Island
401 Newport Center Dr
Newport Beach, CA 92660
United States
Honestly bro I am looking forward for the budget GX aka Prado

It will face a fierce competition from Wrangler, Bronco and Great wall as well as Defender 90 and 110

momers

Fan
Reactions

I am sure the GX will find intself in the GCC, no way they will not sell it here, absolutely no reason.

I saw a launch news article about it in one of the leading english dailies in the UAE. They (the local reviwers and dealers) don't do that unless they want to bring the vehicle to the local market. See below, and the quote from the article.

One for the off-roaders: Lexus unveils new design of GX line:

"No details about a UAE release date have been announced yet."

GCC is bigger than the UAE, so I can not speak for the rest of the region.

Reactions
If you missed that the 2024 TX and GX will be at Fashion Island until Tuesday night for public viewing!!

Fashion Island
401 Newport Center Dr
Newport Beach, CA 92660
United States
Mike, do you know if they will have a similar showing near the Plano Headquarters, I live close by there?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I am sure the GX will find intself in the GCC, no way they will not sell it here, absolutely no reason.

I saw a launch news article about it in one of the leading english dailies in the UAE. They (the local reviwers and dealers) don't do that unless they want to bring the vehicle to the local market. See below, and the quote from the article.

One for the off-roaders: Lexus unveils new design of GX line:

"No details about a UAE release date have been announced yet."

GCC is bigger than the UAE, so I can not speak for the rest of the region.
Youll get a prado version

Levi

Expert
Reactions
GX is a NA only market vehicle. Rest of the world gets Prado without V35A, could get F33A though…

jphcbpa

Fan
Reactions
So, it's no longer going to be December 2023 launch, but sometime in Q1 2024. One of my sources had been sharing with me among lots of details, that the next GX was showing up for Tahara SOP in January 2024. I didn't want to believe, but his credibility with that one seems to be winning here. Unfortunately, I became dependent on my HQ source saying that the Prado delays didn't affect GX plans. Well, clearly they must have somehow, as that is also January 2024 SOP.
from my dealer this morning...

Production will begin in December and you are going to be in that first group.