CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Anyone have any insight on the pricing for the GX? Given the TX is going to slot into the line up, are they going to keep a hierarchical price structure or will the GX and TX have some overlap or even be side by side given they will serve different types of buyers? I think the GX starts at 57 in the US and 72 in Canada - Sequoia starts at 58 in the US and 75 in Canada, which is a larger vehicle akin to the LX. I wonder where they will try to slot the new GX.

You'll pay whatever the new one costs, my mountain-proximity friend

I'd say less than LX. RX pricing has moved up likely, so you can estimate.

🍞
🧊

⛰️🏕️

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
Sure, the RX sells....But even the dinosaur GX continues to sell pretty well despite being based on 10-15 year old platform and technology.

The GX is quietly beloved by not just Lexus enthusiasts, but by anyone looking for an a semi-luxurious but also extremely capable mid-large sized SUV.

I went from GX to LX currently, and love it....But there is a part of my soul that always feels more GX. It's just sneaky great at so many things. Plus, I love that most people have no idea what it is or how to feel about it.

Don't F*** this up Lexus.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The more SUVs I drive the more I appreciate the GX. It just has that magic formula: just right off-road capabilities but still daily usable. If I need a activity SUV today the first choice will be a GX, but too bad it's 13 years old now, so the GX550 is actually my most anticipated Lexus product before 2025.

Its Achilles Heel is that terrible front bumper that gives it an unusable approach angle, and every person who wants to off-road it has to do the front grill chop (ironically Lexus themselves have to do that on the GXOR and J201 concepts). Please Lexus at least give us the option/package with a high approach angle bumper. The 1NX "beak" was laughed at by many people, but it's exactly what the GX/LX need. We are not asking for stupid unnecessary things like 35" tires or factory 4" lifts, it's a very simple change so the front bumper won't get destroyed if a tiny rock is in the way.

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The more SUVs I drive the more I appreciate the GX. It just has that magic formula: just right off-road capabilities but still daily usable. If I need a activity SUV today the first choice will be a GX, but too bad it's 13 years old now, so the GX550 is actually my most anticipated Lexus product before 2025.

Its Achilles Heel is that terrible front bumper that gives it an unusable approach angle, and every person who wants to off-road it has to do the front grill chop (ironically Lexus themselves have to do that on the GXOR and J201 concepts). Please Lexus at least give us the option/package with a high approach angle bumper. The 1NX "beak" was laughed at by many people, but it's exactly what the GX/LX need. We are not asking for stupid unnecessary things like 35" tires or factory 4" lifts, it's a very simple change so the front bumper won't get destroyed if a tiny rock is in the way.
Reading what GX customer/owners say about the GX, and comparing to what I know about the Prado (Toyota version), it sounds like they are different, more different than Landcruiser and LX. Of course the pertrol 4.7l V8 and the the diesel 3.0l/2.8l I4 make a huge difference already.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions

Also the new Tundra and Sequoia and LX. The front bumper is way too low. Could be a sign for the GX. The GX is a mid sized over lander/off road vehicle it doesn't need low ass bumper.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Reading what GX customer/owners say about the GX, and comparing to what I know about the Prado (Toyota version), it sounds like they are different, more different than Landcruiser and LX. Of course the pertrol 4.7l V8 and the the diesel 3.0l/2.8l I4 make a huge difference already.
The GX is actually the most capable mid-size BOF SUV in their lineup (mechanically). By default it has more articulation than the LCP/4Runner/FJ. It usually takes a mild lift and increased travel coilovers on the LCP/4Runner/FJ to match a "chopped" GX. However its modding potential is limited unless removing KDSS and AHC.