James

Founding Member
Reactions
I’m really not looking for the next NX (wife has one and love it!) but just looking for new model updates. The whole SUV lineup is old and besides the ES and LS sedan lineup is old. We need updated models and we need them soon. What happened to the LF1 concept is that still coming?

to keep this somewhat on NX I really do hope we get an F for it. The lack of F models is super alarming for Lexus. All in or stop completely don’t be half ass or it will never work or stick.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
End of 2020 in Tokyo or ces in 2021 if the release is fall 2021
Lexus has been pretty shy about showing upcoming product early
Not a good idea when your current product is a Little stale and plentiful

aside from not having too many new product to show in Lexus world, when it comes to TMC it feels like they show new things way too early.

CT200h

Fan
Reactions
I have my hopes on the production version of LF1 , guessing V6 10speed hybrid power , glass roof, huge entertainment screen etc.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
20-02-18-lexus-nx-shadow.jpg

Motor1 is reporting that the next-generation NX will debut in the fall of 2021 with five different powertrains, including a 2.5L plug-in hybrid with 40 miles of electric range.
This information comes from a inside source within Toyota, who also shared that the NX will feature a “unique cockpit” with a newly developed 14-inch touchscreen infotainment system. A cloud-based navigation system and remote parking using a smartphone app could also feature. Little is mentioned about the exterior, beyond a quote that the next NX will have a “strikingly avant-garde design with revolutionary tech.”
(The Lexus Enthusiast forums have already brainstormed the five engines, coming up with the 2.0L 4-cylinder from the...

Continue reading...

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Will you have time soon...?? :)

Seems the new LX is going to spiritually be the LF1. Timing seems to be 2022.

The Toyota Land Cruiser is going to be reworked to a lower-cost, hardcore offroad toy (see new Land Rover Defender).

There might also be a larger luxury SUV based on the Sequoia coming to address the Escalade market.

New NX will be some crazy-designed, high tech vehicle.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Seems the new LX is going to spiritually be the LF1. Timing seems to be 2022.

The Toyota Land Cruiser is going to be reworked to a lower-cost, hardcore offroad toy (see new Land Rover Defender).

There might also be a larger luxury SUV based on the Sequoia coming to address the Escalade market.

New NX will be some crazy-designed, high tech vehicle.

LX and LF1 won't have anything to do with each other though. Completely different vehicles.

When it comes to Land Cruiser, it is important to understand that info on motor1 and other sites is about LC in the USA, not LC worldwide. So what it means is that we will have cheaper optioned LC in the US that targets different market than current LC.

It will still be the same LC as everywhere else, just with different options.

Here is base LC for sale in Australia... difference between base and top is around 30%.

2016-Toyota-LandCruiser-GX-interior-768x513.jpg

Reactions
Here is what I have been told for Lexus timeline for new products in the United States:

Fall/Winter of 2020 as a 2021 Model in the U.S.
LC Convertible (we knew this one)
The new NX
The new LX
The new IS
The ES350 AWD

Fall/Winter of 2021 as a 2022 Model in the U.S.
The new GX
The new RX

The NX, LX, IS are supposed to be completely new models, not just a refresh.

From what I was told, the NX and the IS are a bit bigger, The LX kinda looks like a Range Rover.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Here is what I have been told for Lexus timeline for new products in the United States:

The new NX
The new LX
The new IS
The ES350 AWD

The new GX
The new RX

From what I was told, the NX and the IS are a bit bigger, The LX kinda looks like a Range Rover.
I’m sure you can’t tell us your source but this seems to contradict what we just heard from Motor Trend in yesterday’s post being almost a full year early on most models. So who do we believe I guess...

Reactions
I’m sure you can’t tell us your source but this seems to contradict what we just heard from Motor Trend in yesterday’s post being almost a full year early on most models. So who do we believe I guess...
I work at a Lexus dealership in the U.S. We hear bits and pieces from Lexus corporate. Not all plans work out due to delays and so forth but according to Lexus, this is the time frame.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
LX and LF1 won't have anything to do with each other though. Completely different vehicles.

When it comes to Land Cruiser, it is important to understand that info on motor1 and other sites is about LC in the USA, not LC worldwide. So what it means is that we will have cheaper optioned LC in the US that targets different market than current LC.

It will still be the same LC as everywhere else, just with different options.

Here is base LC for sale in Australia... difference between base and top is around 30%.

2016-Toyota-LandCruiser-GX-interior-768x513.jpg

How does that work? The new LX is supposed to be a "radical departure", theres supposedly a larger SUV coming too, and there will also be the LF-1? Is that what you're saying?

CT200h

Fan
Reactions

The new NX
The new LX
The new IS
The ES350 AWD

The new GX
The new RX

I think you have it mostly correct except NX won’t be fall/winter 2020 it will be about a year later.
Also we should see one redesigned model at the NY auto show this spring.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I think we should be careful around when "we will see" the new NX. I could see miscommunication of "seeing" as in, a public reveal of the production vehicle, and "seeing" as in, available and in showrooms.

I could totally see a reveal in Fall 2020 for a 2021 launch. That's assuming Lexus doesn't want 2020 to be an empty year.

Reactions
As I understand it the new NX powertrain lineup will be the same as RAV4 (2.5 TNGA, 2.5 HV, PHV), plus a new 2.4l Turbo unit.