2024 Mazda CX-90

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Looks good but it needs better color palette. Grey, silver and champagne are not premium enough. It's odd they failed at neutral colors when most of the manufacturers sans Toyota/Honda fail in reds and blues constantly. Mazda has nailed both reds this time bu they need to closely inspect and copy Lexus lavishing graphite, silver and champagne paint mixtures.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I just tested the CX-90 Turbo (280hp) today. I am extremely impressed. If I need a 3-row SUV this will be the one I buy. As a Lexus and BMW fan it pains me just how good it is compared to the RX and X5. It's the perfect blend of both in a very cheap package.

NVlaar

Follower
Reactions
I just tested the CX-90 Turbo (280hp) today. I am extremely impressed. If I need a 3-row SUV this will be the one I buy. As a Lexus and BMW fan it pains me just how good it is compared to the RX and X5. It's the perfect blend of both in a very cheap package.
Exactly, I was looking at a CX-60 the other day and I do not see any reason why I would choose the RX over CX-60 diesel.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
IMO the CX-90 singlehandedly made other similar 3 row crossovers look overpriced, the ones asking for roughly the same money as the CX-90 are usually FWD based and running a crappy turbo 4 cylinders or a NA V6 that's lacking in low end torque (basically Honda and Hyundai's V6s lol), while the ones that are also powered by turbo inline 6s, RWD based and well equipped are easily over 10k USD more expensive than the CX-90.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Exactly, I was looking at a CX-60 the other day and I do not see any reason why I would choose the RX over CX-60 diesel.
The NVH is night and day compared to both RX350 and RX500h. I just can't tolerate that Lexus can't even do what they used to do best. Their NVH just keep getting worse with the exception of RZ.

And so far the two Mazda locations I sampled have well trained, well mannered sales people. They are knowledgeable about cars and would talk enthusiastically about the various engineering details and patiently explain every trim level options and do not push me for a purchase until I'm well informed. Very similar to my experience at BMW and Porsche. That's the correct way to train employees to sell upscale products.

This is complete opposite of the appalling experiences I have had in all four Lexus locations near me. The entire buying process is very intense. I'm there to either make a deal or not. The sales people know very little about the products and are laser focused on getting me to buy anything in their inventory. I understand they are very used to zero effort selling to repeating customers who buy the same product again and again.

I've said many times here. Until the buying experience improves, I will not buy any new product from a Lexus dealer. Having a worse buying experience than Mazda is unacceptable.

It's really unfortunate Mazda's high quality products don't turn into good financial results. TMC has really shown the best way to run a company is to make good enough products, nothing less nothing more.

All that being said, the CX-90 is not directly comparable to a GH/TX. The cargo space with 3rd row up is not usable for a real 6-person road trip.

Last edited:
Reactions
Mark be like
olympics-mc-kayla-maroney.gif

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Speaking of Mazda's products not translating into good sales and profit, I've heard some people still think Mazda is owned by Ford and that's why they won't buy Mazda lol, these people are aware enough to know Mazda was owned by Ford at one point but is oblivious enough to not know that Mazda and Ford cut ties over a decade ago lmao.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Some of the public reception to Mazda is really odd.. I recommended Mazda recently to someone considering a Toyota/Honda/Nissan and they were like "Mazda? Ew no, aren't those really bad" and I was like ..........

Reactions
Some of the public reception to Mazda is really odd.. I recommended Mazda recently to someone considering a Toyota/Honda/Nissan and they were like "Mazda? Ew no, aren't those really bad" and I was like ..........
Just the consequences of the Ford-era.

They're great now though.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
IMO the even weirder part is some people still think positively about Nissan.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I have to say I love the marketing/advertising approach they are taking of quiet luxury. They are not racing a slow suv on the track or desert roads cough cough acura

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions

Not sure if rumours about a RWD Mazda 6 is just pure copium or is it legit, I really want it to be real though.