Reactions
When are we going to see some low slung cars?

NX, RZ, RX, LX, TX, GX... I know it's a sign of the times and it's whats selling nowadays, but sometimes it feels that Lexus is a SUV only brand...

At this moment I don't even care care if the next gen IS is a ICE, PHEV or BEV, I just want to see a low height Lexus prototype roling somewhere...
My thoughts exactly! I would also love to see a new Sportcross version.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
exciting for sure. The proto is giving me Palluride vibes, which isnt bad since big boxy CUV means no dimensional restrictions

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
When are we going to see some low slung cars?

NX, RZ, RX, LX, TX, GX... I know it's a sign of the times and it's whats selling nowadays, but sometimes it feels that Lexus is a SUV only brand...

At this moment I don't even care care if the next gen IS is a ICE, PHEV or BEV, I just want to see a low height Lexus prototype roling somewhere...
i get it. The issue at least in NADM I assume is that lexus could decide to stop selling non-CUVs or SUVS tommorrow and I doubt they'd see any issues. I dont know if the same issues persist in the Euro markets?

I assume the prototypes are rolling, we just are not seeing them since they probably are so far from launch and with their new testing locales being in JP.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Great vehicle, too bad it sold it in such low quantities that only speculators 2nd hand dealers/importers/tuners were ever able to own/turn a profit on it.

Besides the ES, Lexus really didnt understand how to evolve their sedan products successfully.
They can but they just don't want to. If the IS sells the like ES we'd see a new one right now. Lexus sells suvs like crazy that's why we see so many.

Motor

Expert
Reactions
What’s the TX being benchmarked against? The TX better be packing some heat.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
They can but they just don't want to. If the IS sells the like ES we'd see a new one right now. Lexus sells suvs like crazy that's why we see so many.
True, but then why reinvest soo heavily for the current refresh?

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
True, but then why reinvest soo heavily for the current refresh?
They had to since it was 7 years old, but it was only a refresh, Lexus has some perfect engines for the IS right now but I guess they don't see any money in redesigning it

LarryT

Follower
Reactions

Nah, Lexus is just lazy. The IS is still Lexus top selling rear wheel drive model plus it's currently No. 2 in sales (small luxury car segment), so the IS vs ES sales arguments are somewhat futile.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Is that supposed to be the TX? The proportions, especially the height, make it look more like a GX, IMO.
really I've gone back and fourth whether or not this is the TX or GX because it looks like both really. The height makes it look GX like.