Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
That Mercedes interior is CERTAINLY not higher quality. Don't let the flashy nightclub lights and big screens distract you, it has a ton of hard-touch and creaky plastics. Mercedes' interior quality is not the same it used to be. The seats are comfortable though.

BMW has done a lot better job keeping up interior quality, like the new 7er for example.. though the new 5er that was revealed does seem to have a lot of cost-cutting in its' interior as well. It seems that A LOT of luxury brands are resorting to cheaper interior materials to save on build costs as they invest more into EVs and tech.

CrisB

Fan
Reactions
From a old Italian Lexus owner point of view, that is not the kind of customers for any kind of SUV, and starting with IS200 Sportcross twenty years ago, owning an IS250 and two IS300H (now unavailable in Italy) and now owner of a 2019 RC300H, the best car I ever drive and that for sure will stay with me for long time, I woul not comment the TX model and category, but the big question for me is:

”what philosophy of design drive them to invert and put downside the iconic shape of daily led as they do in the LBX?”

This way, for me (but I am sure even for others) the front now look like any Kia or Hyundai or whatever SUV that daily run on Italian road, in a single word: anonymous.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
No contest. Look at the coverage of wood and leather, aluminum speaker grills, alcantara suede headliner, modern iDrive UI.
TX is slightly cheaper I'll give it that. Because it has to be~

View attachment 7406
X7 also starts at 80k though. If the pricing relation between the Highlander and Grand Highlander is anything to go by (7k), the TX should start about 7-9k higher than the RX, and come out to around 58k I would think. Though I would admit that the highest trim TX should have a significantly nicer trimmed interior, as that would be in the 80k range.

Nights

Fan
Reactions
Hard disagree. Mercedes' 64-color LED lighting means you're stuck with the most jarring hue of any color and the BMW interior looks like it's LEED® Platinum certified

Yep Mercedes/BMW’s interior light schemes scream “gamer chic”.

That Mercedes interior is CERTAINLY not higher quality. Don't let the flashy nightclub lights and big screens distract you, it has a ton of hard-touch and creaky plastics. Mercedes' interior quality is not the same it used to be. The seats are comfortable though.

BMW has done a lot better job keeping up interior quality, like the new 7er for example.. though the new 5er that was revealed does seem to have a lot of cost-cutting in its' interior as well. It seems that A LOT of luxury brands are resorting to cheaper interior materials to save on build costs as they invest more into EVs and tech.

Yep, actually sitting in the vehicles, the materials themselves aren’t particularly nice, trim isn’t particularly well fitted and to make it look like the pictures, the options list has to all be ticked. The interiors look good in screenshots though which is what drives internet traffic and hype these days.

Will1991

Reactions
Can someone explain how a North America only product get's a PHEV with the 3.5L V6?
It's not even available in the LS!
Not even the global RX got this powertrain....

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Can someone explain how a North America only product get's a PHEV with the 3.5L V6?

Still can't get around the fact that 400hp hybrid V6 isn't an F performance tier while the 2.4T is. Typical Lexus marketing :sneaky:.
Mate it to 10 speed and make it the top trim lvl for every line up pls.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
From a old Italian Lexus owner point of view, that is not the kind of customers for any kind of SUV, and starting with IS200 Sportcross twenty years ago, owning an IS250 and two IS300H (now unavailable in Italy) and now owner of a 2019 RC300H, the best car I ever drive and that for sure will stay with me for long time, I woul not comment the TX model and category, but the big question for me is:

”what philosophy of design drive them to invert and put downside the iconic shape of daily led as they do in the LBX?”

This way, for me (but I am sure even for others) the front now look like any Kia or Hyundai or whatever SUV that daily run on Italian road, in a single word: anonymous.
I had the same question. I settled on they wanted it to look like an eye brow and to nail that idea they could not give the car three eyes hence the reason for the single beam head light instead of the well known three beams.

I think the fix in the future will be to switch to the LM headlight design

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Still can't get around the fact that 400hp hybrid V6 isn't an F performance tier while the 2.4T is. Typical Lexus marketing :sneaky:.
Mate it to 10 speed and make it the top trim lvl for every line up pls.
Yeah that is throwing me off too but at least it's referred to as the 550. Also makes me wonder, what would the 700h for the LX and the hybrid GX be called.

mikeavelli

Reactions

I mean the LS debuted in 2018 and was planned years before that. The TX is all new from the ground up, the largest Lexus ever made for the USA. So the PHEV was planned with this vehicle and tons of room for batteries etc.

I assume going forward most newly designed Lexus will offer BEV or PHEV and at a minimum HEV.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions

mikeavelli

Reactions
All new from the ground up in terms of nomenclature :cool:.
I gotta be honest...the only appeal of this car is those nice rims and perhaps the new direct4 2GR, though I'm pretty sure it'll sell like RXs if it's priced accordingly. But anywhere near the range of X7 / GLS then I will guarantee you reviews will "do justice to it" 😅.

I think it doesn’t matter what many of us think. We know large SUVs no matter the shape color or brand sell. While I might not agree with all the decisions and choices here, I’m also not the target, LX is fine 99% of the time for me. For the mom to dad who wants a Lexus and wants 7 seats and needs more room and wants a car driving experience this will do very well. And the PHEV MPG is impressive. The F Sport Performance will drive circles around the LX on road.

I do agree what bugs me the most is the body colored grill as I would have liked to see a more traditional spindle grill.

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions
TX550h+ V6 with Direct4 sounds buttery smooth and super quiet. Not to mention a ton of effortless power. THIS NEEDS TO BE IN OTHER PRODUCTS

I think for a lot of folks including me, this was the best part of the TX reveal.

Kirk's review of the TX also seemed to indicate the interior is more luxurious than it initially appears in the pictures. Looking forward to seeing the TX in person and specifically the TX550h+ (which hopefully will be released by early 2024).