Reactions
Hey all, we've had our cloudburst TX550H+ for about a month now. Some early observations are below. Apologize for picture/format, this website said it would not let me post the way I had it writen out in bullet points, so just copying/pasting from Word.
1710885100155.png

Attachments

• 1710882355618.png
    1710882355618.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
Its good to see the 550h get such a high MPGe. The 500h owners seem to be having issues reaching their targets on select forums.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
So the only choices are hybrid-only and EV-only? Blended mode (aka auto hybrid/ev) is the most economical way to drive a PHEV and every model should offer it and make it the default driving mode.

Reactions
So the only choices are hybrid-only and EV-only? Blended mode (aka auto hybrid/ev) is the most economical way to drive a PHEV and every model should offer it and make it the default driving mode.

No, it has auto EV/hybrid, but I have not found out how to make it stay on it at this point.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
No, it has auto EV/hybrid, but I have not found out how to make it stay on it at this point.
Probably goes back to how emission and fuel economy testing is done. If a mode (like sport mode) can be remembered, the manufacturers supposedly have to test in the worst case mode. Depending how the PHEV testing protocol is done, they may get better ratings by having it deplete the battery first -- which is probably how most people will drive PHEVs, TBH.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
My neighbors just got one - seems like a base-ish TX 350 that has the ugly Infiniti J30 wheels. It looks good from the back and the sides, but I really wish they'd have come up with something different for the front end. Funny enough, the neighbors across the street have a GX and the folks on either side of them have RXs 😁