3rd Gen Toyota Sequoia Thread (2023+)

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
This looks like a proper big American SUV and will make those of us who can't get it envy for sure. The last-gen Sequoia looks too bulbous.
Tundra can get optional rear air springs. Will Sequoia get four-wheel air springs with AHC?

If I were an American buyer I wouldn't lament the loss of Land Cruiser. With that kind of budget either a fully loaded Sequoia or a LX Premium is perfectly fine and both are great overland machines.

Brandon B

Fan
Reactions
No full time 4wd?? Unreal. A deal breaker for me since the wife drives my truck often and she won’t remember to switch in and out of 4wd when the roads here in WI go from slick to dry. I’m hoping the new 4Runner offers it but the way things are going😢

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
No confirmation on the rear tailgate window? Solid offering against the Tahoe/Suburbie and Expedition.

EDIT: looking at the pics a button near the toyota emblem, and hinges in the glass. Oh dang they designed it in.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
LX is one of the most successful Lexus vehicles, why wouldnt it have too much life left, Lexus does not like money?

LC is also not going anywhere, what Toyota considers a Land Cruiser (Prado, LC300, GX, LX) sells between 400k-500k per year these days. By far the most successful Toyota sub-brand.

Also I am pretty sure they are slowly abandoning FCEV plans for vehicles.
Agree on all except the abandoning of the FCEV
It simply shifts from fuel cell membrane to ICE H2

cookieyh

Fan
Reactions
Just like Tundra, we will be able to get Sequoia TRD Pro in orange. Very interesting…

Attachments

• E6DD732F-B11C-4881-958D-B1F18A1FC48F.jpeg
    E6DD732F-B11C-4881-958D-B1F18A1FC48F.jpeg
    874.6 KB · Views: 9

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
@ssun30 and @Sulu who have some generous insight into the technical workings of vehicles, anyone care to share if the I-Force Max systems are technical derivations of Toyota's experience with Hino or upscaled current Toyota HEV tech?

I bring this up, since @ssun30 mentioned early on that Hino hybrid experience would be used as a learning platform for these higher demand setups.

Toyota club as always did a good job summarizing technical info you wouldn't see elsewhere.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Looks better than Tundra. I'm really not sure about that 2nd and 3rd row configuration. 4Runner has 3 different cargo area setups (2 row, 2 row + cargo deck, 3 row). The Sequoia gets the same raised load floor like the 3 row 4Runner but it appears to be even higher. I think a 2 row model with the tumble 2nd row to allow for a low, flat load floor would have made for a killer overlanding rig.

cookieyh

Fan
Reactions
Somehow Toyota thinks that TRD Pro buyer doesn't need heated and ventilated second row. Probably HUD won't be available either. :(:(:(

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I would say the SRA is mainly based on budget, with the upside of not affecting product from a market perspective. Old Sequoia was the only BOF with IRS, but no one bought it for that, most probably did not even know the difference compared to the rest of BOF vehicles.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Can that sequoia lettering on the back be removed if it can that will be one of the things I do first if I was buying one. Overall great Job Toyota. What are the chances of the next GX getting the tundra engine treatment and the LX refresh getting just the hybrid engine?

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
I wonder if dealers will also feel the same way.
You are thinking that the dealers won't be fully satisfied with it?

One question I have is: How big is this vehicle? (I have not followed all the data.) Is it Tahoe-sized? It looks small to me. I thought dealers were looking for something that is truly competitive with Tahoe (if not larger).

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
You are thinking that the dealers won't be fully satisfied with it?

One question I have is: How big is this vehicle? (I have not followed all the data.) Is it Tahoe-sized? It looks small to me. I thought dealers were looking for something that is truly competitive with Tahoe (if not larger).
Tahoe sized so it should appease their interest.

On different note the focal points with select masses seem to be the
1) Solid rear end means loss of space inside. somehow folks have concluded this without sitting in the new sequoia so smh
2) The 4WD system is substandard from whats in the current sequoia.
3) LX570 owners seem to be split down the middle. Some folks think the sequoia is a good upgrade path, while others believe that if you dont go with the LX600 you essentially are cheap lol.