2022 Nissan Z

supra93

Expert
Reactions

2023-nissan-z-colors-stock-photos-1024x578.png

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I have to ask, and sorry if its unrelated, but why do mfgs add additional adjectives to describe a singular color?

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
I have to ask, and sorry if its unrelated, but why do mfgs add additional adjectives to describe a singular color?
It is a marketing gimmick, to make a colour seem special and sophisticated. For example, White seems so blah, but Polar White or Ultra White sound so much better. Similarly, basic Black is bland but Caviar seems intriguing and sophisticated. And would you want an orange Lexus UX or a Cadmium (Orange) UX?

mikeavelli

Reactions
It is a marketing gimmick, to make a colour seem special and sophisticated. For example, White seems so blah, but Polar White or Ultra White sound so much better. Similarly, basic Black is bland but Caviar seems intriguing and sophisticated. And would you want an orange Lexus UX or a Cadmium (Orange) UX?
Indeed.
Caviar just signify a multi stage black tho. It has flakes. Obsedian which they still sell is normal black.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions

I understand what you are saying, but it's a lot more than just a marketing gimmick. There is a reason why Pearl/Oyster-Whites and the special Metalflake Blacks often cost more than your standard, Blah, Appliance-White or Coal-Black. They use a more complex and expensive painting/finish method and take more resources on the assembly-line or in the paint-shop. And, although they are not necessarily the most expensive colors to do, metallic silvers and light metallic blues/greens are usually the most difficult colors to perfectly match for accident repair or paint-damage.

supra93

Expert
Reactions

supra93

Expert
Reactions

download-1024x512.jpeg

Reactions

download-1024x512.jpeg

I'm pretty sure the Z is two hundred lbs heavier than the GR Supra. Should be at ~3600 lbs.