Expert
Reactions

2023-nissan-z-times-square-jpg.2142

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Wow technically a refresh. This is similar to Ferrari and Lexus with sime
Vehicles.

How far can they even go with this old FM platform? I know they have made changes here and there but it's still built on 20 year old bones, so it's both newer and older than the mk5 Supra at the same time😂.

It probably won't match the mk5 Supra in terms of overall performance and driving dynamics but it should still be a nice less expensive alternative to the Supra or for certain people who still can't get over the fact that the mk5 Supra isn't "100% Japanese".

mikeavelli

Reactions
There’s no denying the fact for the rumored 40k base cost this undercuts the 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder Supra. Now I’m sure the BMW interior will be way better than the Z but will people care?

I am sure they will co-exist and it’s beyond exciting to think of the upcoming comparisons!!

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Seems like Toyota and Subaru put more effort to improve the 86/BRZ's chassis, which already handles better than the 370Z, than Nissan did to the new Z's chassis. On Nissan's website, all they really focus on talking about is the powertrain and the styling, and they just sort of gloss over all the other details of the new Z.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
There’s no denying the fact for the rumored 40k base cost this undercuts the 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder Supra. Now I’m sure the BMW interior will be way better than the Z but will people care?

I am sure they will co-exist and it’s beyond exciting to think of the upcoming comparisons!!
I might be in the minority, but I don't think the Supra interior is that nice. Yes it's BMW, but it's pretty bare-bones BMW and no thrills. It also only comes in black.

Z has a leg up here, IMO.

Motor

Expert
Reactions
Seems like Toyota and Subaru put more effort to improve the 86/BRZ's chassis, which already handles better than the 370Z, than Nissan did to the new Z's chassis. On Nissan's website, all they really focus on talking about is the powertrain and the styling, and they just sort of gloss over all the other details of the new Z.

Here you go:

Tamura tells us the chassis was strengthened extensively to deal with the increased power and torque. The geometry of the front double wishbone suspension was reworked, and the Z now has electric power steering and wider front tires.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Different strokes for different folks I suppose, but the Z is definitely more organic and understated in a good way. It has details where they matter and simple but beautiful lines along the side and hood.

One of my issues with the Supra has been that the translation from the FT-1 concept to a much smaller production car created some odd curves, shapes and detailing. To my eyes, the Supra is slightly overstyled and a bit tacky with fake vents.

I personally prefer the smoother, more understated Z and think it will age much better over time.

Reactions
Different strokes for different folks I suppose, but the Z is definitely more organic and understated in a good way. It has details where they matter and simple but beautiful lines along the side and hood.

One of my issues with the Supra has been that the translation from the FT-1 concept to a much smaller production car created some odd curves, shapes and detailing. To my eyes, the Supra is slightly overstyled and a bit tacky with fake vents.

I personally prefer the smoother, more understated Z and think it will age much better over time.

Heck, if Toyota simply made them functional out of the gate AND gave room for modifications I think the vents would have looked a lot more attractive.

supra93

Expert
Reactions