2021 Toyota Venza (Global Harrier)

Motor

Expert
Reactions
Toyota's Response To New Honda Passport Could Come Soon
Motor Illustrated is claiming a French Canadian publication has been informed Toyota is planning to revive the Venza and it could arrive as soon as 2021. We also reached out to Toyota seeking comment but a spokesperson refused to do so at this time.

If this rumor proves accurate, we expect the reborn Venza to feature more SUV-like styling this time around. All-wheel drive would also surely be an option. This same report also claims Toyota will launch a plug-in RAV4 hybrid in the near future as well. Ford is currently prepping an Escape PHEV and Mitsubishi already sells the Outlander PHEV, and Toyota, it would seem, does not want to miss out on this expanding powertrain option.
2008_10_09_Venza_10-1500x900.jpg

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Does this thing have any potential connection to the Harrier trademark news?

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Does this thing have any potential connection to the Harrier trademark news?
I strongly suspect that it does.

Harrier is RAV4 based... So probably not.
The current one is based on the previous-generation "New MC" platform RAV4, as you correctly point out, and both share the same 2660mm wheelbase. That one (which is currently sold only in Japan, Singapore and Malaysia) is due for replacement very soon, no later than a year from now. What would happen at that point is sheer speculation, especially since the 5th-gen RAV4 wound up on the larger TNGA-K architecture instead of on New MC's successor TNGA-C. The way that crossover SUVs are being sliced-and-diced into all sorts of niche segments (case in point: the latest car-leaning Ford Escape crossover and the more "rugged" upcoming Ford "baby Bronco" are expected to share the same platform), anything can happen. And, even as Toyota has added Harrier to its U.S. trademark portfolio, the Toyota Venza trademark is still ranked as "live", so we could possibly see both Harrier and Venza badges on two separate new crossovers.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
A BestCarWeb article in its original and Google-translated versions suggests that the relation between RAV4 and Harrier will remain fundamentally the same as now. In other words, the next-generation Harrier will share the 2690mm wheelbase version of the TNGA-K architecture as RAV4. It will be marketed as a more car-like, urban-oriented crossover coupe alternative to RAV4 and is expected to debut in summer 2020 around the Tokyo Summer Olympics festivities.

The $64,000 questions are whether this is the so-called Venza revival or if there will be a separate 2-row crossover bearing the Venza badge slotting between Harrier and Highlander. Also, which one will replace the Corolla in being built in the joint Toyota/Mazda plant in Alabama? Will that one be a fully Toyota product or a rebadged Mazda CX-7 following the North American Yaris / Mazda2 pattern? (I'm leaning towards the former)

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The $64,000 questions are whether this is the so-called Venza revival or if there will be a separate 2-row crossover bearing the Venza badge slotting between Harrier and Highlander. Also, which one will replace the Corolla in being built in the joint Toyota/Mazda plant in Alabama? Will that one be a fully Toyota product or a rebadged Mazda CX-7 following the North American Yaris / Mazda2 pattern? (I'm leaning towards the former)

What if I told you.... neither? 🤐

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
What’s it going to be then? Lol. Any more hints?

There's room for more CUVs in this growing market, wouldn't ya say? Toyota still has some holes in their lineup, even outside of the Venza sitting between Rav4 and Highlander/4runner. C-HR is pretty niche, and Rav4 is now nearly midsize... so there is some open space in the bottom end of the portfolio.

Reactions
There's room for more CUVs in this growing market, wouldn't ya say? Toyota still has some holes in their lineup, even outside of the Venza sitting between Rav4 and Highlander/4runner. C-HR is pretty niche, and Rav4 is now nearly midsize... so there is some open space in the bottom end of the portfolio.
So a small Yaris sized suv platform is coming then?

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions

A small CUV 😁 as you know, exactly which.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
FAW-Toyota applied for two trademarks "路泽" and "路放" in November 2018. Could this be the Harrier/Venza?

"路泽" makes one think of "兰德酷路泽" which is the local name of Land Cruiser (even though it's rarely used by the media and buyers alike). However, I don't think Toyota is going to produce the Land Cruiser in China again.

My guess is that one is 2-row (Venza/Harrier) while the other is 3-row (Highlander).

GAC-Toyota is also working on a project called 'K-SUV' which naturally points to a SUV based on the TNGA-K platform.

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
FAW-Toyota applied for two trademarks "路泽" and "路放" in November 2018. Could this be the Harrier/Venza?

"路泽" makes one think of "兰德酷路泽" which is the local name of Land Cruiser (even though it's rarely used by the media and buyers alike). However, I don't think Toyota is going to produce the Land Cruiser in China again.

My guess is that one is 2-row (Venza/Harrier) while the other is 3-row (Highlander).

GAC-Toyota is also working on a project called 'K-SUV' which naturally points to a SUV based on the TNGA-K platform.
一汽丰田注册的“陆泽”和“陆放”,不过这种注册一般可以认为是对“奕泽”和“荣放”仿名的保护性注册。一般丰田在中国的车型都是由“丰田汽车公司”作为申请人注册的,目前例外的是广汽丰田的“威兰达(Wildlander)”、“致炫”系列…
因为这个东西,我刚查询了广汽丰田在华注册商标,今年刚刚注册很多“sienna”的音译名商标,丰田并没有在华注册过“塞纳”这个由来已久的音译名。
F94D589F-2009-4864-9B74-BF49FA542F40.jpeg

Last edited:

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
一汽丰田注册的“陆泽”和“陆放”,不过这种注册一般可以认为是对“奕泽”和“荣放”仿名的保护性注册。一般丰田在中国的车型都是由“丰田汽车公司”作为申请人注册的,目前例外的是广汽丰田的“威兰达(Wildlander)”、“致炫”系列…
因为这个东西,我刚查询了广汽丰田在华注册商标,今年刚刚注册很多“sienna”的音译名商标,丰田并没有在华注册过“塞纳”这个由来已久的音译名。
View attachment 3716
你有没有一丰还有广丰正在进行中的项目代号和车型的对照表?

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
@ssun30 and @shizhi , I think I can speak for all of us when I say this, we really appreciate what both of you bring as new information's and opinions.... But please, write in English... 😅😅😅
We are discussing some of the trademarks registered by Toyota in China, including Toyota's own, FAW Toyota's, and GAC Toyota's ...
My picture is about the Chinese name of Sienna, registered by GAC Toyota. The next-generation Sienna will be produced by GAC Toyota and will be sold in China.
Rav4's Chinese name is 荣放, and izoa's name is 奕泽, so FAW Toyota has registered similar names "陆泽" and "陆放".
Because GAC Toyota launched a Rav4 sister model called wildlander(威兰达), the name is similar to highlander(汉兰达).
So he thinks that the two names of FAW Toyota may mean new models.
Finally, he asked me if there is a comparison table of models and code names. Unfortunately, I don't have such information.

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
你有没有一丰还有广丰正在进行中的项目代号和车型的对照表?
查了广汽集团的上市公司披露信息,目前广汽丰田还有四款车型属于型码阶段:
760B,确认为新汉兰达;
825B,确认为塞纳
942B,确认为harrier或姐妹车;
892B,据说是新的C-SUV,未确认;
一汽丰田通过招标信息,环评信息得到三款车型:
770B,天津,确认为一丰汉兰达;
941B,长春丰越,确认为下一代harrier…
82*B,四川一丰成都,塞纳姐妹车。
一汽丰田车型详尽信息有待今年后续环评披露…
Four models of GAC Toyota have not been announced: 760B, 892B, 825B, 942B ... Among them,
760B is confirmed as the New Highlander,
825B is the New Sienna,
942B is the new harrier;
FAW Toyota have not been announced three models: 770B, 941B, 82 * B ...
770B is the new highlander,
941B is the new harrier,
82*B is the new sienna;
These three models should be different appearance versions of the GAC Toyota models above,like Levi with Corolla,RAV4 with Wildlander…
52CE626E-2135-4793-AF4C-A5DBBE23025A.jpeg

Last edited: