2021 Toyota Sienna

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
Cruise buttons on the wheel are far more intuitive and comfortable than the stalk. You can drive along with your hands on the wheel on the motorway and adjust your speed right under your thumb without moving.

I've been in cars with both types for thousands of miles of driving and buttons on the wheel are by far more comfortable on a long drive.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I hope ubiquitous electrification means you can get unnecessary performance flipping a switch or a bit of hardware and we see a Sienna GRMN Prime.

The idea of a minivan getting up on the rear wheels off the line makes me happy. Even better if you can see cartoons being watched on the rear headrests. Make minor neck damage a family affair.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Cruise buttons on the wheel are far more intuitive and comfortable than the stalk. You can drive along with your hands on the wheel on the motorway and adjust your speed right under your thumb without moving.

I've been in cars with both types for thousands of miles of driving and buttons on the wheel are by far more comfortable on a long drive.
I found the little cruise control stalk on Toyota and Lexus models to be really intuitive and you did not have to remove your hands from the wheel either:
  1. Press the button on the end to turn on or off.
  2. Tap down lightly to set the cruise speed.
  3. Press up and hold to speed up (accelerate) and release once at your desired speed.
  4. Press down and hold to slow down (decelerate) and release once at your desired speed.
  5. Pull toward you to suspend.
  6. Tap up to resume (to speed up to previous speed).
What could be more intuitive then these movements of the stalk?

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
I found the little cruise control stalk on Toyota and Lexus models to be really intuitive and you did not have to remove your hands from the wheel either:
  1. Press the button on the end to turn on or off.
  2. Tap down lightly to set the cruise speed.
  3. Press up and hold to speed up (accelerate) and release once at your desired speed.
  4. Press down and hold to slow down (decelerate) and release once at your desired speed.
  5. Pull toward you to suspend.
  6. Tap up to resume (to speed up to previous speed).
What could be more intuitive then these movements of the stalk?

That’s literally how the buttons work, except you now don’t need to take your hand off the wheel or move your hand from its relaxed position on the armrest.

Hold up button to accelerate, or tap it to go up in increments of speed. Vice verse with down button. Cancel button on one side and resume/set on the other side. There’s not taking your eye off road or anything.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
That’s literally how the buttons work, except you now don’t need to take your hand off the wheel or move your hand from its relaxed position on the armrest.

Hold up button to accelerate, or tap it to go up in increments of speed. Vice verse with down button. Cancel button on one side and resume/set on the other side. There’s not taking your eye off road or anything.
Six of one, half-dozen of another. I have not tried the cruise control with buttons. As I said, I never had a problem with the Toyota stalk, and actually preferred it to buttons on various different rental cars. If the new Toyota system with buttons works the same and works for you, great. I will try it eventually and will get used to it.

larryren

Follower
Reactions
Greeting! Here have some news from China. It about ChDM FAW-Toyota version Sienna have been confirm engineering code "018D".
Chinese media dig up the information from supplier document. It mean this supplier successfully get nominated from FAW-Toyota at Jul. 16th, expect starting providing parts at Sep. 2022.

autohomecar__ChsEl19YdSCAA622AAFwEu16IbU02.jpeg

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
There are rumors that SAIC-GM Buick is panicking about the introduction of Sienna into China. Buick sold 16k GL8s this past month. It is the most profitable product they have in their entire history. The Gen3 GL8 they sell now rides on a three-decade old platform (and we think the LC200 is old!). The chassis is barely changed compared to Gen1 GL8 (1999), which itself is derived from the 1990 Chevy Lumina. The only update is changing torsion beam to IRS. The GL8 has no chance against an all new TNGA-K Sienna. GM does not have a modern full-size transverse FWD platform for a clean sheet GL8 design.

I'm very curious about what is FAW and GAC's answer to the GL8 Avenir. Maybe we will see them introducing an ultra-luxury 6-seat or even 4-seat trim to replace the Vellphard brothers?

Sep 2022 is very late...this is one of the programs that Toyota is not rushing, but I guess the main bottleneck here is plant construction. Crossovers and sedans are the top priority now so the MPV has to wait. Looks like GM gets to enjoy the monopoly for two more years!

Motor

Expert
Reactions
^Same here. I would never have said that about any previous generation Sienna. Toyota nailed it. The XSE is damn nice.

Reactions
On another board (not sure if I can link here, but it's the van's name + chat), 93M40 has posted prices.
MSRP (incl destination) on LE FWD 8 passenger has gone from 35635 to 36064
Limited AWD is now 50422. 2020 Limited AWD was 47070; 2020 Limited Premium was 50590 [not sure what's the appropriate comparison]

Reactions
On another board (not sure if I can link here, but it's the van's name + chat), 93M40 has posted prices.
MSRP (incl destination) on LE FWD 8 passenger has gone from 35635 to 36064
Limited AWD is now 50422. 2020 Limited AWD was 47070; 2020 Limited Premium was 50590 [not sure what's the appropriate comparison]
2021 Sienna
Trim/ MSRP/ Packages
LE 8 Pass 36,064 Body Moldings, All Weather Mats
LE AWD 8 Pass 37,855 All Weather Mats
XLE 8 pass 41,749 Body Moldings, All Weather Mats, Paint Protection
XLE AWD 43,749 Body Moldings
XLE 7 Pass 41,354 Body Molding, All weather mats
XSE 7 pass No Production yet
XSE AWD 45,524 XSE Plus ($1,000), All weather mats, 1500W inverter,
Limited AWD 50,422 Body Moldings, Cross Bars, All weather Mats
Platinum AWD 53,770 1500w Inverter, All weather mats, Digital rearview, RS Entertainment ($1,415)

Package Name /MSRP
All Weather Mats 220
Body Side Molding 209
Paint Protection Film 395
Cross Bars 200
1500w Inverter 300
Rear Seat Entertainment* 1,415
Digital rearview Mirror 200
Cargo Net w/pouch 49
Rear Bumper Applique 69
XSE Plus Package** 1,000

*1080p HD Entertainment Center with 11.6-in display, HDMi input, Remote and Two Wireless Headphones

** Includes Wireless Smartphone Charging, Black Roof Rails, Premium Audio - 9-in Touchscreen, Dynamic Navigation with
3-Year Trial, 12 JBL Speakers Including Subwoofer & Amplifier.
Connected Services - Safety Connect with 1-Year Trial, Service Connect with 10-Year Trial, Remote Connect with 1-Year Trial

MSRP includes destination fee of $1,175

Reactions
Embargo ended this morning, so lots of reviews out there. Also, pricing released:
2021 Sienna Pricing*

Sienna_Pricing_01-1024x487.png

FWD Options Pricing

Sienna_Pricing_02-1024x435.png

AWD Options Pricing

Sienna_Pricing_03-1024x467.png