CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
2022 was still a pretty messed up year for parts. A lot of stuff still is.

Rising cost of capital isnt making capacity expansion super economic either until we find how much price/supply response the market can support before capitulation from OEMs.

Last edited:

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
IS sales in NA are doing well though. If they'd redesigned it the IS would be sold in other markets since its not up to safety standards/emissions. I still think Lexus can make a case of a TNGA-L IS vs a bev IS

mikeavelli

Reactions
Sorry is that from the factory like that?

Yes 480 made this year. Most without the carbon caps and exhaust. Hood and roof is obsidian and the rest incognito. Seems most have sold this is one of the few left. Drives the same as a loaded 350 DHP

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Yes 480 made this year. Most without the carbon caps and exhaust. Hood and roof is obsidian and the rest incognito. Seems most have sold this is one of the few left. Drives the same as a loaded 350 DHP
Wow, looks excellent.

I had been hoping for more two tone OEM paint from Lexus too, especially given the toyota and crown applications.

Reactions
Is there a reason why the IS/RC most likely won’t be getting Lexus Interface? They’re the only two models left that still don’t have it. Can’t they give them the same version that’s in the ES/LS/LC/LX/UX that doesn’t have the temperature dials on the screen? It might just be another cost-saving move, but it would still be nice to see them give their cars some type of equal treatment.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Is there a reason why the IS/RC most likely won’t be getting Lexus Interface? They’re the only two models left that still don’t have it. Can’t they give them the same version that’s in the ES/LS/LC/LX/UX that doesn’t have the temperature dials on the screen? It might just be another cost-saving move, but it would still be nice to see them give their cars some type of equal treatment.

I thought the 2021 plus IS and now 2024 RC has it? Maybe I am wrong.

Like you said cost savings, really doesn’t make much sense at all to configure an entirely new dash for the end of its life cycle. I’m sure we all agree it would have been nice

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
They probably still have a contract with the supplier of the obsolete head unit. Same story for those very old 7 inch MIDs.

The new head units may not be more expensive. Electronics usually get cheaper as tech progresses. For example the new 12 inch MID is cheap enough to be equipped on a Corolla. It's not "cost saving" for Lexus to not use it, just honoring their previous supplier contracts.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
It may not be worth the investment required to reconfigure the dashboard to fit the new touchscreen that is much more integrated with the dashboard. The IS & RC are old models very near the end of their model generations.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
It may not be worth the investment required to reconfigure the dashboard to fit the new touchscreen that is much more integrated with the dashboard. The IS & RC are old models very near the end of their model generations.

Remember the facelifted LS (MY21) had the old Entune system with touchscreen and they were still able to retrofit the new Lexus Interface without any modification done to the screen. So whether if the investment is worth it or not is an invalid point of argument.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
Remember the facelifted LS (MY21) had the old Entune system with touchscreen and they were still able to retrofit the new Lexus Interface without any modification done to the screen. So whether if the investment is worth it or not is an invalid point of argument.
The LS, when facelifted and retrofitted with the current interface, was not facing imminent end-of-life of its platform and current model; it lives on.

The current IS and RC, however, ride on very old platforms that will very soon meet their end-of-life. It is not worth investing in a model that is soon to end. (If the IS and RC live on as new models, they will ride on new, completely different platforms.)