JustADude

Follower
Reactions
what's this about a GA-A (TNGA-A) platform? Please share! And where did you hear/read those rumours on the next gen IS? I'm very intrigued and hopeful! We here in Aus lost the IS and I am very much looking forward to a next gen if we ever will get one!
I heard it it's a platform the LFR will be on, a new rwd platform. People say the next IS wil be ICE and go on this platform, A100 supra, and maybe Crown coupe if thats true.. Others know more about it than me, I'm not sure who I heard it from on the forums to give them credit.

Will1991

Reactions
The last time that Lexus showed up a IS with an LS engine was the IS430 done by Myllen and Moose:

hdxw3kgsx5yf90cro42c.jpg

Some years latter we got the 2007 IS F with an improved "LS engine".

Can this be a signal of things to come?

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
The last time that Lexus showed up a IS with an LS engine was the IS430 done by Myllen and Moose:

hdxw3kgsx5yf90cro42c.jpg

Some years latter we got the 2007 IS F with an improved "LS engine".

Can this be a signal of things to come?
Please Lexus 🙏

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
How many cool project cars did they show in the past and ended up not making it? There was supposed to be a 650PS LS 650TMG 7 years ago but it didn't happen. They always have convenient excuses like "emissions" and "market demand". Don't keep your hopes up.

Last edited:

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
How many cool project cars did they show in the past and ended up not making it? There was supposed to be a 650PS LS 650TMG 7 years ago but it didn't happen. They always have convenient excuses like "emissions" and "market demand". Don't keep your hopes up.
Also the 5.6l LC560 from a few years ago.

This is why I don't really car about these show cars, just some pie in the sky unicorn.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I would guess those works didn't go to waste, but ultimately may not have translated to something "good enough" to be full F cars.

So now we have a GR GT3 platform to look forward to that'll have a Lexus badge on it.

I would tell lexus, though, "Hey you can still release fire-breathing monsters that aren't perfect, but maybe they don't need to be F cars."

thtupid

Fan
Reactions
I heard it it's a platform the LFR will be on, a new rwd platform. People say the next IS wil be ICE and go on this platform, A100 supra, and maybe Crown coupe if thats true.. Others know more about it than me, I'm not sure who I heard it from on the forums to give them credit.
Oh yes that rings a bell actually! Thank you so much! I will start yahooing/googling now!

mikeavelli

Reactions
@mikeavelli anything you can share on who DSPORT are?

Is it Club DSPORT? Who did the engine work on the lc560?

It’s actually the magazine which is still around. The car wasn’t finished in time but response was good so I assume they will go forward with finishing it .

mikeavelli

Reactions
What does incomplete project mean? I’m not gonna watch lol. Anyone know what he is saying?

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
He says Lexus had a "budget" on this car making it an "incomplete project". I'm sure that's true to some extent.

mikeavelli

Reactions
He says Lexus had a "budget" on this car making it an "incomplete project". I'm sure that's true to some extent.

Well he is wrong. That’s not what happened. When it was determined no full F was really on the table the next best thing was this. Which clearly wasn’t as expensive. Had nothing to do with being incomplete.

Youtubers gonna youtube. It wouldn’t bug me if it was just an opinion. To put it in big font as your header is ridiculous.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
People who wanted a hardcore IS only needed the powertrain.

Why make it some expensive decked out thing vs a compelling offering as is that also offers a platform for people needing more.
Exactly. Let’s all be crystal clear. The people begging for an IS F don’t buy new IS F’s. They don’t buy new IS 500’s. They want US to buy a new IS F for 85k and then they buy it ten years later. for 25k. Ain’t enough of US at 85k even with 600hp. There wasn’t enough buying the IS F at 60k 15 years ago. .

FYI Lexus sold more 2023 IS 500s from January to June in 23 than 22. Obviously the formula is working.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Exactly. Let’s all be crystal clear. The people begging for an IS F don’t buy new IS F’s. They don’t buy new IS 500’s. They want US to buy a new IS F for 85k and then they buy it ten years later. for 25k. Ain’t enough of US at 85k even with 600hp. There wasn’t enough buying the IS F at 60k 15 years ago. .

FYI Lexus sold more 2023 IS 500s from January to June in 23 than 22. Obviously the formula is working.

Agree with all of this.

The only catch with IS 500 sales is that Toyota's fuel pump parts supplier had shortages for most of the year in 2022 and those production issues were resolved going into 2023, so there is now a "normal" number of IS 500s making it to dealers. Regardless, most of the dealers I've talked to still have waiting lists for IS 500s and nearly every one is pre-sold.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Screenshot_20230711_161906_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20230711_161922_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20230711_161936_Instagram.jpg

If Lexus didn't think TNGA-L would make a *competitive enough* IS, it could explain why they went with a heavy rehash for 2021.

Current sales numbers are very low on a global scale (mind, it's not sold in Europe, and not big enough to sell well in China) a next generation model definitely needs to be designed as a global product to sell well.

Of course these numbers need to be taken in context of supply chain issues in the beginning half of 2022 where the German brands were affected a lot as well as others.