2021 Acura TLX Type S

mikeavelli

Reactions
You really have a vendetta against the Type-S LOL.

Ironically even James took a jab at the Type-S and how Acura over-exaggerated the marketing.
Hahaha

They gonna do the same crap with the Integra. Drag it out and fanboys gonna overhype another dud.

Note Lambo drops the Countach out the blue and Lexus did the same for the 500.

If you gonna hype it up this day and age better live up to it.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
All trolling and joking aside, I'm going to be very interested to see how the TLX Type S sells after the fanboys buy theirs out of nostalgia and loyalty. I can understand a Honda/Acura fanboy being excited about getting one, but I'm having a hard time seeing the appeal for a broader audience. Literally every other car is better, lighter, faster, more efficient, etc.

Reactions
All trolling and joking aside, I'm going to be very interested to see how the TLX Type S sells after the fanboys buy theirs out of nostalgia and loyalty. I can understand a Honda/Acura fanboy being excited about getting one, but I'm having a hard time seeing the appeal for a broader audience.
Of course, Tyson had to get one

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
All trolling and joking aside, I'm going to be very interested to see how the TLX Type S sells after the fanboys buy theirs out of nostalgia and loyalty. I can understand a Honda/Acura fanboy being excited about getting one, but I'm having a hard time seeing the appeal for a broader audience. Literally every other car is better, lighter, faster, more efficient, etc.
It doesn't make much sense to buy the TLX Type S, even if we ignore the performance and driving experience and focus on daily usability, it's still worse than almost all it's competitors when you take into account its exterior dimensions, it's so weird to see a Honda product have such bad packaging efficiency, you would think that a transversely mounted front engine, FWD-based layout would benefit interior space, giving it ES like amount of space, but they somehow screw it up so badly that they end up with IS like interior space, while being way bigger and heavier on the outside, actually that kinda reminds me of the American land yacht sedans of the past, big on the outside, small on the inside. Did I mention the Type S doesn't have foldable rear seats?

mikeavelli

Reactions
It doesn't make much sense to buy the TLX Type S, even if we ignore the performance and driving experience and focus on daily usability, it's still worse than almost all it's competitors when you take into account its exterior dimensions, it's so weird to see a Honda product have such bad packaging efficiency, you would think that a transversely mounted front engine, FWD-based layout would benefit interior space, giving it ES like amount of space, but they somehow screw it up so badly that they end up with IS like interior space, while being way bigger and heavier on the outside, actually that kinda reminds me of the American land yacht sedans of the past, big on the outside, small on the inside. Did I mention the Type S doesn't have foldable rear seats?
If it was a refresh it’s somewhat forgivable. If they didn’t overhype it for a year it’s somewhat forgivable. With the rlx dead this is sadly their flagship sedan, it’s all new, they claim a new platform and it’s dead last not just in performance and mpg but the heaviest. Then like you said it’s huge outside and tiny inside. It doesn’t offer all the advance package features either. Honda’s have digital gauges and the accord offers some features this doesn’t have. This is again their flagship now.
Its mind blowing this is their best effort because it’s beyond awful. At least the fake looks RWD and looks better than the last gen.

And to top it off, they invite fanboys to a press event at the track where they try to insinuate its faster and a better performer. When it got in the hands of everyone else, the truth came out. It’s a slug.

What they should have done is aimed squarely at the ES 350 and stop pretending they make sport sedans.

Reactions
And to top it off, they invite fanboys to a press event at the track where they try to insinuate its faster and a better performer. When it got in the hands of everyone else, the truth came out. It’s a slug.
Is this fanboying done right?

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
They don't have to worry. Even if Lexus come up next year with an ES500h E-Axle (a car that can actually drive in RWD) the media would still trash it as 'soul-less' and give the win to TLX Type-S.

If you want to drive e-four ES right now go look for some RLX Hybrid to drive. I think the two will ride about the same.

Last edited: