2020 Toyota 4Runner Updates (TSS-P, Android Auto, CarPlay, Army Green color, etc)

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Commendable job by the owner.
The issue tho is instant gratification/dopamine reward pathway is a hella hard to eliminate.

Personal anecdote, but over the years of family car buying experiences, car buyers fall into one of three categories:

a) Here is my checkbook, that is my car.
b) Knows the inside and outside of the car and car buying specifics like msrp vs selling price, mf, APR vs Rebate etc.
c) I see Toyota is selling new 4Rs for 0 APER, so that must mean its a great deal! After purchase has no clue that dealer added in XYZ fees, marked up the buy rate etc and boasts about how they knew the dealer from some event or family and only they could have gotten said **** deal.

The owner of that list, probably falls under B, but the majority of sales are category A and C. Even if he "names and shames" every single dealer in the Toyota group, the As an Cs will literally buy from every scummy dealer and promote ADMs.

The As and Cs are same group of folks who have made fixed price selling model the new popular buzzword. Learning about a product and reading contracts is deemed too hard.

Last edited:

qtb007

Follower
Reactions

2023_Toyota_4Runner_40th_Anniversary_Black_001-1-1500x900.jpg

2023_Toyota_4Runner_40th_Anniversary_Black_005-1024x597.jpg

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Since everyones doing the retro vibes (Nissan what have you started), why not a tacoma version of this
iu

Reactions

2nd Place: 2022 Toyota 4Runner

Pros​

• Body-on-frame platform
  • Two-speed transfer case
  • Charming overall

Cons​

• Poor efficiency
  • Aging architecture
  • High price
VERDICT
Choose the 4Runner if you do a lot of off-roading, but it sacrifices comfort and fuel economy during city driving.

Reactions
HondaTrend back at it again.

They demean the NX even though it handles better than the GV70, and here they ADMIT that the Honda is a poor off roader but choose it as the winner instead? ... just paid content.

Reactions

They demean the NX even though it handles better than the GV70, and here they ADMIT that the Honda is a poor off roader but choose it as the winner instead? ... just paid content.
Its all about the check in the mail...I remember this nice write up in 2014; the guy that wrote this article now works for Lexus
1654129390451.png

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions

Im probably in the minority here, 4R is an excellent purpose built offroader, but dang that refresh should have been out yesterday. Folks out here paying more then sticker for essentially a decades old vehicle. They could pick up a used LC at some of these transaction rates.

Toyotas been essentially doing the birdman "hand rub" and launching appearance upgrades and pocketing bank!

Reactions
He says it is wrapped... but I bet it just didn't have the right color door hinges.
Yeah, I saw that they were Lime Green...Toyota just wrapped the 2022 TRD Pros for HQC, probably because Japan hasn't sent them the pre-pros yet.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I dont know if we have a dedicated 6th Gen 4R thread, but holy smokes batman is this thing delayed. Recent update seems that forget MY24, its going beyond that.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
We heard a lot of rumors about the Tundra being delayed and extended - and while it was, it wasn’t that bad and showed up faster than some expected.

The 4Runner and Tacoma will be similar.