1st Generation Lexus RC 300, 350, F and Track Edition Megathread

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Videos: The Lexus RC F Track Edition Launches in Japan

19-05-21-lexus-rc-f-movie-japan.jpg

The chief engineer and chief designer weigh in.
View the original article post

Motor

Expert
Reactions
The Lexus RC F Track Edition Is Great on the Road, Too
Putting a lot of miles on the edgiest Lexus F car so far.

The RC F Track is also delightfully analog in several ways. There’s a physical, foot-activated parking brake, for instance. It lacks a stop-start feature or torque-vectoring differential system. And of course, the engine, that glorious thing. At $97,675, the car is some $30,000 more than the base RC F, but you’re paying for exclusivity, and in many ways you’re also paying for the last of a breed of cars that we almost certainly won’t see again from a major automaker. There’s something to be said for that, and taking the long and winding way home whenever you can in a car like the RC F Track.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
How is the TVD with the Performance Package? How can it not be superior to the LSD for day to day driving?

From Faisal's earlier post, stepping on the accelerator pedal will engage (provide power to) the torque vectoring around corners.

I also think torque vectoring only works when there is power applied to the wheels, not when they are just rolling during cruising. Am I correct with my understanding?

I watched some NSX and RC-F videos and now I am convinced I want a Lexus or Acura BEV with at least three electric motors. That will give my household time to save up lol.

Last edited:

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
How is the TVD with the Performance Package? How can it not be superior to the LSD for day to day driving?

From Faisal's earlier post, stepping on the accelerator pedal will engage (provide power to) the torque vectoring around corners.

I will think torque vectoring only works when there is power applied to the wheels, not when they are just rolling during cruising. Am I correct with my understanding?

I watched some NSX and RC-F videos and now I am convinced I want a Lexus or Acura BEV with at least three electric motors. That will give my household time to save up lol.
Think about four inwheelmotor electric LFA 2

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
With my $70k CAD budget and latest 2025 timeline (can be sooner), I've got to stay realistic haha. Have you seen the Rimac Concept One? There may be a Concept Two by now.

Acura Sports Hybrid SH-AWD (NDX, MDX and RLX) has three motor too but I think motors are much more inexpensive to manufacture compared to the ICE ++ related components.

BMW testing three motor setup in a 5 Series too.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
TVD is phenomenal. I have been using TVD in all type of driving in my RCF. I use slalom mode for city driving with small and tight maneuvering while track mode for high speed sweeping turns. It also makes the car very tail happy as I can do mid-corner tail slides very easily by rolling into the throttle. The sharp throttle response combined with the TVD's sudden torque makes it very easy to kick out.

With TVD in slalom mode, you need very little lock on the steering to get the car to snap turn-in. On-center steering response is very sharp. Also, TVD is at the rear axle so it also brings the weight distribution closer to 50/50 (47R/53F). The RCF track edition has a lighter front end with the use of carbon fiber, carbon ceramic brakes, lighter wheels etc. so the lighter front end makes it less important to have something like a TVD to improve balance as the track edition is better balanced inherently than the normal RCF, which is why the RCF track edition comes with only LSD.

Pricing is right on par with decently equipped M4. Interesting that some colors are locked down to Premium Package while Yellow is Performance Package exclusive which itself is overpriced and makes Track Edition seem like an value option.