2019 Mazda3

Motor

Expert
Reactions

That 4 cylinder in the NX/IS is simply not that sporty, not that fast and not exactly the most efficient. I would hope another engine would be used.

Sad, but true. But I can't think of another turbo engine Toyota could possibly use.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions

Not sure if anyone is interested in this, but Mazda apparently revealed their next generation biofuel competitor for Super Taikyu, a Mazda3 hatch which looks very similar to the cancelled TCR program. Clearly they're invested in this platform.. wonder if this means they'll re-launch the TCR program as well, as this race car looks a lot more set up and race-ready.

Caption on the IG translates to "next year I will race with the Mazda3"

Side note, they also revealed a biofuel CX-60 as well. Haven't seen any media coverage for either.

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
Got around to test driving a 2.5 Non turbo hatch, really just a lovely vehicle! Comfy, leagues better than any of the other compacts I've tried out so far. Price point for higher level trims put it at odds with the Integra, which I happened to like alot too, I'm wondering whether the drive on that one will do more for me than this one, but it's a really, really nice little car.