16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Levi

Expert
Reactions
It says suv will be launched next year sedan will be launched this year
But what is this "SUV" going to be? A lifted version alla "Audi Allroad"/"Mercedes All-Terrain", or a 'proper' CUV? If so what would it be? A rebadged Lexus RX, as the the Crown/Mark X are/(were) a 'rebadged' GS?

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
A rebadged rx wouldn't make much sense cause toyota already has the venza in its lineup guess we'll have to wait a little

Levi

Expert
Reactions
A rebadged rx wouldn't make much sense cause toyota already has the venza in its lineup guess we'll have to wait a little
The new Venza (XU80) has the same engines and the same wheelbase of 2.690 mm as the RAV4 (XA50) and new NX (AZ20). The RAV4 has "SUV/4x4" styling, while the Venza has more coupéish "CUV" styling close to NX.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
The best news I heard from nearly couple months
It also says an ff based 4wd version is also coming
-This is probably market dependant i guess the ff version will be for US and Middle East which will be a rebadged avalon and might be named just like highlander is called crown kluger in china
-Fr based might be exclusive to japan, china and some other Asian countries

Levi

Expert
Reactions
It also says an ff based 4wd version is also coming
-This is probably market dependant i guess the ff version will be for US and Middle East which will be a rebadged avalon and might be named just like highlander is called crown kluger in china
-Fr based might be exclusive to japan, china and some other Asian countries
You think there will be RWD for Japan based on modified TNGA RWD platform? And this version will be the base of next gen IS?

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Maybe the is will be based on the same platform can't say because lexus is focusing more on evs so is might get hev only

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Mag-X just wants attention since they tarnished their reputation as a credible scoop site. Nobody cites them anymore. It's just BestCar and they are envious.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Announcement in june

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Can anyone imagine TMC killing the GS and bringing instead the Crown RWD based worldwide? How is Lexus Toyota's premium brand?
If that happens I hope its treated with the same level of attention as the Mirai and Venza. Also if that happens that will solidify the all EV direction Lexus is planning. And at least the GR will be in charge of the performance tuning.